Posts by Phrost

Be wary of Minas Shoe Repair in downtown NYC. The man and his wife are friendly and fast (1 day turnaround) but he's very sloppy with his work. It wasn't the cheapest at $38, either. I brought a practically brand new (worn once) pair of Wolverine 1K boots to him to have rubber sole protectors (Topy's) put on. Now that I'm home, I'm seeing a bunch of new scratches/marks on the leather, most likely from handling and the tools he used. I get that that doing this isn't the...
Be wary of Minas Shoe Repair in downtown NYC. The man and his wife are friendly and fast (1 day turnaround) but he's very sloppy with his work. It wasn't the cheapest at $38, either. I brought a practically brand new (worn once) pair of Wolverine 1K boots to him to have rubber sole protectors glued on. I looked over the soles at the shop, but now that I'm home, I see a bunch of new scratches/marks on the leather, likely from handling and the tools he used. I understand...
The Men's UU MA-1 fits similar to a traditional MA-1 from Alpha Industries - rounded shoulders/sleeves and puffy with oversized, wide arms and slightly cropped body. If you're shorter and slimmer, it's not very flattering IMHO. I actually picked up the Women's UU MA-1 bomber in the reversible Olive/Navy. I sized up two sizes from my usual men's size. What's great is that it has a reversible zipper so you can zip it up in either color. It still has the roundness and...
Thanks for all of the pictures. How is the fabric on the Uniqlo U bomber? Is it similar to the thick textured nylon used on the women's mainline bomber/traditional MA-1's from Alpha Industries and the like? Did the Uniqlo U bomber fit more cropped than the Nylon? The U one doesn't have the sleeve pocket, right? Between the two, which one did you prefer? I have the Nylon one that I'm thinking of exchanging for the U one, but I'm not so sure whether it's worth the $40...
Man, it looks like you have every color 1000 Mile boot produced. What's your favorite between the Brown, Cordovan No 8, and Rust?
Anyone else have experience?I've read that the butyl leather soles on these are oily and the adhesives used to glue the half sole sometimes have trouble sticking to it. I'm guessing wearing the leather sole down a bit is not a bad idea?Does anyone have recommendations for an affordable cobbler in NYC, preferably downtown?I've read of B Nelson and Minas Shoe Repair. I'd like to have a half sole fitted before the winter weather hits the city.
If anyone can pull of terrorist chic...
AzNs reading this4/5 of younger Asian men's hairstyles are derivatives of the crew cut (longer tuft of hair up front and on top and short back and sides). AKA Gohan teenage years.Most of those look bad. It's likely an overreaction to the mushroom haircut (likely with the part in the middle) their mothers made them get when they were children.I think the comb over (fade the sides for younger/stylish guys) and shorter, slightly faded Caesar hairstyles look good for straight...
Hair grows back, unless you're completely bald. Remember ghettoasty, don't make life decisions without consulting us first!
Oh, that one. Yeah I'm not a fan. Wasn't last year's quilted diamond pattern one part of the regular line? What did you think of the Uniqlo U bomber? Fabric, fit, and overall quality compared to the regular nylon bomber? Did any of the Uniqlo U stuff stand out to you? It depends on whether the bomber or denim jacket fits in your overall wardrobe. I'd try on the denim jacket in person though. The US sized denim jacket was a bit too baggy in the sleeves for me.