or Connect

Posts by wmmk

I'm 6'2" and usually wear 32". That's no break, or even shorter than no-break if I'm wearing my pants on the high side. I like the look of slightly short pants with boots, and I'm wearing boots 80% of the time anyway. I also have a couple pairs with 33"-35" inseams, which break a little bit.
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Everything I've had in Chinatown has been horrific except for one mochi peanut ball at this bakery. I had dimsum there a few times but was so drunk I didn't notice how bad it probably was. I much prefer Argyle as a neighborhood but it's also Vietnamese. Have you tried Sun Wah BBQ (on Bway, just north of Argyle)? Their Peking duck is good. I recall some of the other dishes being too, though I usually just get...
All right, so 1-2 days/week lifting until crew's over, and eat better. Sounds pretty straightforward. Concerning diet, though, I admittedly have a lot of bad habits to break. First of all, I'm accustomed to eating a lot. What foods can I depend on to make me feel full without adding lots of empty calories to my diet? And, aside from the obvious things like junk food and sweets, are there any particularly bad (high in calories, low in nutritional value, not filling)...
For reference, here's what my workout/meal/sleep schedule look like between now and August: Now (Jan. 19)-Feb. 28: -6 days/week of erging (rowing machine) at 4 PM. That'll usually be about three days of high-intensity intervals (15x500m, 6x1km, 21x1', or 24x250m, for all you rowers out there) and three days of slower intervals or steady-state work (60', 40' 20', 4x10', 2x20', etc.). -I can also work out on my own, either for about 25 min. at 9:30AM, or for as long as...
Hey, everyone. I've posted similar topics before, and while I've had solid gains and overall athleticism and am in better-looking shape than I was when I first came here, I still want to look better and leaner, and I figure that the second semester of my senior year is a great time to do so. So, I'm currently 6'2.5", 187 lbs., and my BF% is probably in the mid/upper teens (I can PM a picture to anyone who's good at estimating bf%). I'm respectably fast on the erg (6:50...
I don't see the appeal. Books are for reading.
Thanks, man! Yeah, I was looking at my log card today, and yesterday's workout did indeed average 1:44. And for the sake of full disclosure, I think I posted on here that that hour piece was a 1:54, when it was apparently actually a 1:55 split. Mea culpa. Anyway, today was recovery day. Swung it out for 30' at a 1:54. I was at 1:51-1:52 for most of the workout and fell apart for a while about halfway through the piece. At least I was able to pull it back together.
^In that case, it sounds like the water rower probably is the better choice. Anyway, we're just now transitioning from the bulk of our training volume being distance pieces to sprint pieces. Today, it was 12x500m. My splits were something like: 1:41 1:41 1:41 1:41 1:42 1:44 1:47 1:48 1:48 1:47 1:43 1:41 That's bullshit (for a high school kid of my size), I know, but I'll keep hauling ass on intervals, and hope that pays off soon. Shooting for a 6:45...
I'm headed to college in the fall and considering what classes to take. Russian Literature (which I've only read in translation, as of yet) has always fascinated me, and my college has one of the strongest Russian departments in the U.S., so I've been toying with the idea of majoring in Russian there. The issue is, in order to really take advantage of the upper-level seminars and advising the department has to offer, I'd have to spend 4+ semesters taking Russian language...
Quote: Originally Posted by bach how many days a week did you train in season and what was your routine like? did you lift weights and run as part of your training? We train 6 days a week, both in season and during winter training. In season, that's usually 4 days on the water, and 2 conditioning days, which always involve erging, and also usually include running (sometimes stairs) and lifting/core circuits. Over winter training, that's 6 days...