or Connect

Posts by wmmk

Laid down one of our worst pieces of the year yesterday. We started sloppy, settled to too high a rate, and didn't respond well when the cox called for moves. We ended up coming in 3rd at Midwest, and two boats in the 2V8 qualify for SRAA nationals. So this is the end of my high school rowing career. I'm crushed.
Scrimmaged a local club crew on saturday. Took 2 of 3 pieces against them. On our best piece, we did 1000m in 2:48, taking a length of open. Midwest Championships are Sunday in Oak Ridge, Tenn. I'm so damn psyched.
Yo Bach, you rowing for the Cal Lightweights?
Had two dual races yesterday. 1500m in 4:56.80, with 23mph headwind. Took 5-6 lengths of open. 1500m in 4:56.04, with 27mph headwind. Took 7-8 lengths of open. HOO-RAH.
bach, that's a solid training program. You're rowing with the Cal lightweights, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by bach i'm gonna give the "wolverine plan" a shot this summer. 9 ergs/wk!! http://www.rathburn.net/rowing/train...ine%20Plan.pdf Yeah, the WP is good shit. I used it for a while last summer and dropped 8 seconds off my 2k. Also, how hard do those 5k's feel? Your HR's sound pretty low for ~20 steady-stade workouts. I try to get into the 175-185 range when I do bike or erg pieces around that length, but ymmv....
Well, damn, went 6:50.2 on a 2k today. Just been feeling shitty all week and didn't pace myself well on the test; now I'll have really have to prove myself in seat races over the next 2-3 days. We race the 16th.
Quote: Originally Posted by unclesam099 2:07? Come on, girls on my old team did better than that, even while working on their form. I mean this in a good way. Trust me, your body can do so much more than you think that you can It's your mind that holds you back. Especially a guy your size. FWIW, I was 6'3" 182lbs when doing all of these PRs and workouts that I've posted here. Heck, I did a marathon (42,195) at a 1:55.x, ended up around 2hr...
Well done on the PR, Andy! Let's see sub-6:45 next time! No hard feelings, of course, and thanks for the kind words re: improvement. Anyway, for the record, Andy's definitely got more power per pound than I do on the erg: I'm 6'2.5", 180 lbs. All the more reason to keep bustin' out those pieces. Tonight, did about 90 mins. of drilling on the water. We're still in mixed lineups, but I was stroking a starboard rigged 8 (I'm typically a port) with a couple Eastern...
Thanks, guys. I did PR, with a 6:49.7. Actually wasn't a horribly painful piece (compared to other 2k's), though I was pretty nauseous for a few hours afterwards. Not a big PR by any means, but I'm glad to know I didn't get any slower over the winter. Andy, how'd your 2k go on Friday?