or Connect

Posts by MrDaniels

Well, god forbid some slob wears RTW formal wear! What, did his personal tailor DIE or something? Imagine his poor valet having to attend to such sub-standard garments!
You are right, and I removed the unnecessary portion of the comment.
I don't have a beef with you personally as I don't know you. What I have an issue with is your elitism when young men come in here and you focus more on your personal fashion code than what makes sense for the wedding the groom is planning. If a guy dresses at your standards and your level he is not going to need to come here for advice.And if you want to talk about sarcasm and personal attacks, physician-heal thyself! Look at how you just came at me about the Tuxedo...
I think it take a very brave man to admit that the things he posts are idiotic. I am proud of you!I may not have chosen my words well, but the short formal jacket took off on this side of the pond far faster than it did in Europe and it is also used here far more often for weddings.But nothing you or I have ever posted even comes close to Marco's insane ramblings. He is almost making you look like a reasonable fellow. Well, ALMOST.
Oh please! Tell someone on a budget again how they can't possibly rent formal wear and that all of the groomsmen should purchase matching suits! Or once again suggest a silk shirt to a guy who as said that he had a tendency to sweat like you did last week. You are so helpful.
Marco in his ramblings seems to forget one fact: The tuxedo began in America. That is why it is acceptable in America. It is part of our culture. Just as one will never see a British man get married in Black Tie because all British weddings are in the daytime. Just as you will never see a conservative Jew get married in a morning suit, because traditional Jewish weddings happen after sundown. There are many cultures and many countries. Just because one is clearly...
The problem is, you are presenting your opinion as fact. And I have never before seen your opinion presented in any respected etiquette book. This idea that White Tie or a three-piece business suit is acceptable but Black Tie is not is your own invention. Also, you are making the assumption that it is going to be a church wedding, and doing it from a European perspective. Many North American churches are in quite modern buildings where White Tie might look out of...
People also need to get real about different aspects of society. America is very big with many sub-cultures. The rules that work for a Park Avenue wedding with two Ivy League grads getting hitched are not going to be the same rules for middle management types in Indiana or blue collar types in Montana. In trying to keep this thread friendly for the man who is new at tailored clothing and may be wearing a suit for the first and last time in his life, I always seek to...
I am trying to figure out your train of thought? You think there would be a benefit to having evening clothing bleeding into the daytime hours by making them even MORE formal? The rules of etiquette were written at a time where for an evening wedding the ceremony rarely began before 6pm, and then everyone went right into the reception. Nowadays there is some lag time, either because they want time for pictures or because they have to accommodate multiple couples who...
I tired a hot glue gun, but it caused the polyester to give off a noxious odor.