or Connect

Posts by MrDaniels

Cool stuff Foxx. That cashmere vest is like a gateway drug to a full three-piece in your future...
Wow Crusty! Will that be your entry for the Challenge this week?
Thanks photon for the info. But several of the casually-dressed salesmen are definitely from the suit department and have worked there for years.
Nordstrom has an extensive Made-to-Measure program, and that is what I have seen some of the longtime salesmen wearing. Maybe it's just the sad fact that Southern California is a sartorial wasteland that causes your local Nordstrom to have low-rent garments? I imagine their shoe department has a wonderful selection of flip-flops though.
The age of the grand department store is truly dying....especially with Macy's taking over so many great regional stores like Dayton's, Marshall Field and Rich's.
All the ones I have gone to in The Pacific Northwest and Midwest they (were) really dressed to the nines. They get a really generous store discount and then some of the vendors give them a deal on top of that, so they will wear their garments on the sales floor.
I love the tie, eviltimeban!
I guess soon bankers and attorneys will show up for work in khakis and polos...
This is something I have noted on several recent visits. Not just on Black Friday.
No, they were not temps...Nordstrom is way too strict about who they allow on their sales floor. And the salesmen have worked there for years. With all due respect, Nordstrom is not "just a department store." They generally have better selection and service then many high-end, independent men's clothiers.