or Connect

Posts by hipcathobbes

These are the Alden Shell Cordovan Loafer No. 666, size 10.5D, color #8 shell cordovan upper. Double Leather Sole. Van last. Creasing in the toe, a bit of wear on the sole. Wear is minimal; no additional wear by me. Box and shoe bag not included. Purchased these from Epaulet's ​ B&S sale last week. Beautiful shoes, but just a smidge too big for me. As described in that sale, these were used as model shoes (worn by Epaulet staff for outdoor photos). Thanks to Mike for...
I like Myles, even though the inside is nylon, not fleecy.
HDV down as much as 45% from prior close is nuts.
On losing sleep over AAPL, if you liked it enough to buy it before the price drop, why not see this as an opportunity instead, double down, and buy the dip? After all, you said you had a 50% cash position. And whatever the attachment to AAPL, seeing a repeat of 2012 might be a good reason to consider its role in a properly diversified portfolio. I haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know whether you've revealed your allocation to AAPL, but if it were only a...
GF, you asked about minimizing panicking. I understand I'm late to this conversation, but it seems that there's a mismatch between your strategy and your risk tolerance if you're losing sleep on AAPL performance alongside a 50% cash position.This rings true to me, both for stock picking and for going with active managers:
Outlier New OGs in desert tan. New without tags -- never worn, not altered, has sat folded in a closet since purchase in August 2014. Tagged 32. Retail $240. ETA: Actual measurements for the pants are 16" across narrowest part of waist laid flat; 9" rise; 34"' inseam. $170 including shipping USPS Priority within the US; will ship outside US at actual cost.
Paul Smith Byard two-button suit in blue wool, 40R. Brand new with tags, never worn, unfinished hem. Suit color is closest to the last picture on the hanger. Note: the only imperfection is with the waist button, which pulled through the fabric. See first picture. You'll want to have a tailor reattach the button and reinforce the fabric. I'm selling this at a deep discount. My loss is your gain! Trousers: leg opening 7.5", inseam 34" unfinished, rise 9, waist 17.5" laid...
Brooks Brothers luxury cotton suit in light poplin, 40R. Brand new, never worn, unfinished hem and sleeves. However, there is a tailor's chalkmark on the back of the jacket that predated my purchasing it—must have been a return to BB.com. Retail $1298, purchased for $700. Retail description: Two-button suit, made from cotton, woven in Italy at Rossi Mill. Real horn buttons. Ticket pocket. 3/8 lined with paisley print piped in interior besoms. Side vents. Plain-front...
Paul Smith Byard suit in charcoal pinstripe, tagged 42R. Brand new, never worn. Retail $1395. Trousers: leg opening 7.75", inseam 37" unfinished, waist 17.5" laid flat and unbuttoned. Jacket: pit to pit 21", shoulders across back 18.75", length 30", sleeve 26". Asking $450 including shipping USPS Priority within the US; will ship outside US at actual cost. Edited to add: now on eBay.
Paul Smith Red Ear "Parson" bucks in grey suede. Brand new in box, never worn. Rubber heel and sole, padded insole, round cotton lacing. Tagged UK 11, US 12. Retail $580, purchased for for $249. $180 $160 $140 including shipping USPS Priority within the US; will ship outside US at actual cost.