or Connect

Posts by joshxfoo

I have shortish sideburns that go down to the bottom of the part of the ear that is attached to the cheek and is a half circle shape.  Not the part that many people have pierced [ear lobe], the part above that.  Don't know what its called.  I think they look alright. Admittedly, I used to have really, really, all-the-way-down-to-wherever-they-stop-growing sideburns when I first got facial hair and thought sideburns were the ultimate sign of my manhood, and I may have...
"Fragrance free" means a product doesn't contain any fragrances. "Unscented" just means that the product doesn't have much of a scent, which could mean different things to different manufacturers. I'm not sure why a manufacturer would bother adding a fragrance to something they're obviously marketing to people who prefer things to not be scented, but it might be to cover up a slight chemical odor or something like that. As for Nivea for Men products, I love 'em. I use the...
not a big deal, but just out of curiosity, do you pronounce 212 and "two-one-two" or "two-twelve"?
When I went on a cruise last spring there was one formal dinner (tux for the men, formal dresses for the women), and the rest of the dinners were semi-formal to casual. Everyone was expected to wear a tux for the formal dinner; those who didn't were definitely disapproved of. However, the cruise ship provided tux rentals for this occasion, so you might want to contact your cruise line to see if this is a possibility. The rental is probably pretty expensive; I'm not sure,...
I have to take back what I said previously. A little more experience later, and I would definitely say that the turbos are better than the regular mach3s, especially against the grain (which i do fairly often). As for the handle: it says in somewhat fine print somewhere on the box that mach3 and mach3 turbo's both fit on the same handle type. The only difference in the handles is the color scheme, as far as i can tell. I bought turbo refills and used 'em on my old mach3...
thanks davei. by "starting from scratch" i do, in fact, mean that I have little more than jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers. and not even nice jeans, t-shirts, or sneakers. So I need a lot. I would like to avoid the A&F/AE look at all costs, leaning more towards a clean but casual appearance, without giving up uniqueness. There are some outlet stores about an hour from here (in Michigan City, Indiana) that I think I'll try to check out one of these weekends. I'll also check...
I just recently started taking an active interest in how I dress and look, so I'm looking to build up my wardrobe. My budget, however, is extremely limited: I am a high school senior, getting ready to go to college in the fall. Basically, I'm trying to build up a core wardrobe on about $700-$1000, starting essentially from scratch. So I'm looking for any suggestions on brands that I should keep an eye out for as good quality, but affordable. To give you an idea of price...
My hair is about 1.5 inches long and combed forward, except for the bangs which I comb towards the left side of my face. In that past, I've had: buzz-type (very short) haircuts, parted on the side, shoulder-length, and spiked hair. I have never been entirely happy with my hairstyle, and I am especially not so at the moment. I want a hairstyle that is low-maintenance, not in my face, and oozes cool casual. I'm hoping that, by reading what you guys do with your hair, I...
I generally only go about once every month and a half, which isn't nearly enough. My hair grows fast; I should be going twice a month. But I'm not happy with my haircut at all anyways, so it doesn't really matter. At least not until I come up with a better idea.
I've tried Mitchum, and it just didn't work for me. The protection didn't last. Its probably a body chemistry thing. However, I recently picked up some Arm & Hammer Ultramax, and all I can say is: wow. They advertise it as 36-hour protection, and they actually mean it. Plus, its unscented, which is important to me (so it doesn't mix negatively with whatever scent I'm wearing). I've been seeing it all over town lately, so it shouldn't be hard to find. And its quite cheap.