or Connect

Posts by Kingstonian

Only you know if that twenty pounds target will be achieved.I had similar thoughts last year and I have only just got round to getting the belts shortened.You can always get a belt shortened, but you cannot increase its length.
Very useful explanation. I have sent a couple of belts back to Equus for shortening - as a result of a diet rather than miscalculation.I also have a webbing belt which is not Equus. There seems to be less scope for error on a webbing belt, unless it is my imagination.With a leather belt you can also get extra holes punched. Equus holes may be a challenge for a High Street leather repair shop. They can punch round holes but seem to regard the Equus holes as beyond them.
Yes and in even in Central London shit shoes are everywhere. If a man has square toe black shoes you can at least argue he is not wearing tan shoes with a dark suit. I never see half decent shoes outside of shops.I do not subscribe to the brands as indicator philosophy. A man in a logo-free polo shirt can look fine,provided it is tucked in and he is in reasonable shape. You can be well turned out without spending a fortune. Knock off Harrington, Roamers desert boots etc....
Ede and Ravenscroft at Summer sale prices. Or Stanley Ley in Fleet Street.
Maybe delegation was easier when clothing was more conventional? Plain white or blue shirts,of reasonable quality, at a good price for example. With shoes, size was known. Nobody was buying shoes from overseas, so derbies for a high instep and you were sorted. Black shoes of course and lace ups. Despite delegation most men usually looked - at least - OK. Grown men did not wear shorts unless they were playing sports. Everybody had a collar which usually looks better than...
It was Kingston regatta this weekend. Nice to stroll past, watch a few races, have an ice cream. Mostly schools competing. http://www.kingstonregatta.co.uk No fancy blazers, just one bloke in red trousers suitable for LAMFRT blog spot.
Regarding the original premise Mr. K is of similar vintage to me. One thing I do note is that he kept at clothing. Most people find other things crowd clothes out as they get older. Clothes buying is delegated to the wife etc. Nearly everything my father wore, including shoes, was bought for him because he worked Saturdays. The exception was getting fitted for a suit or buying an overcoat. I liked the skinhead stuff but when that went out of fashion the wide lapel suits...
Ferry is just tiresome and predictable now. All these oldie rockers have had their day, but people pay big money to see them, so they keep at it.
Yes a good shoe. Calf would be nice but joins on the inside do not bother me. Discount shoes in Strutton Ground, Victoria are the cheapest retailer.Hoggs of Fife offer a Royal in pebbled leather with a Dainite sole - the Kenmore. Hoggs often have discounts on their goods.https://www.fifecountry.co.uk/footwear/mens/british-handmade-shoes/kenmore-longwing-brogue-4155
You do not want to appear American, or posh. So West Brit is out. You just want to appear like your average jackeen though not a gurrier or a knacker.You are definitely overthinking this and will get found out.