or Connect

Posts by mikeman

This is completely random, but since this is a "style" forum I thought it was mildly relevant. Anyhow, I have noticed that style wise, that there are three types of fly fishers. 1) Classic- vest, fishing shirt, creel (kind joking there), But I think you get the picture 2) Sportsman- The guys who head to the river in all camouflage. 3)New age- The guys who like all the cool technical gear (think patagonia and simms) Do you guys tend to agree? I personally fit in the "new...
Good to know. When trout fishing, which is not that often, I freak out about using the right/ wrong fly, and how Im fishing it.How did you get "good" at choosing the right fly? I know the whole "match the hatch" bit, but there is just so much to learn!I'm located in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Have any of you been on a guided trip? I have been fly fishing for a couple years now. However, I feel like I really lack some basic skills. My cast is great, but I think I could use a good guide to kind of coach me through some stuff for the day. After a guided trip, I would at least know that Im doing things correctly.
Anyone have a medium travel bag? Im looking for something to travel with, but not sure how much I could fit in it... Also, in regards to the outfitter bag. Would you guys worry about dress shoes being ruined if stored in the bottom compartment?
Once you get the notification that you got the 100 dollar credit, just go ahead and place an order. It will show on your bank account that it went through for the full amount, but when it clears, it will take the 100 off the total charge.
Quit being a dick. This is a Filson thread. Not a "tell me that my stuff is inferior" to another brand thread.Also, people buy Filson, not only because it's extremely durable, but they also have some of the best customer service around. Oh, and its made in the good old USA.
Just got an Espro (big 40 0z version) from my brother. Pretty amazing press; no silt and keeps coffee hot. Anyone else use one?
I would like to try drinking more scotch, I have only tried Dewars and found it pretty enjoyable. For under ~$35 what would be the top 3 to try?
Fo' free!
Well, I eagerly await the finished product ... or just photos!