or Connect

Posts by mikeman

So, I'm looking to get a new "casual watch" I have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 seikos. I Plan on switching the band out for a thick panerai style strap. Here are the two watches. and here is a picture of a watch with the color/style band I'd like. Alright, what do you guys think? Also, as far as the seiko diver goes. Do you think it would look better with the "pepsi" colors, blue/red, or a all black? Thanks
I agree. I just need to get over the whole "where it's made" thing.
Not sure if has been discussed. However, I saw a comment on a random blog saying that these Meermin are made in China, and "finished" in Spain. Does this hold any truth? Comment from a guy named Mike... http://www.thesimplyrefined.com/meermin-double-monks/
Yep
Dang! So really a pair of the double monks shipped to the states would end up being almost 300 shipped.
Aieyric, those look amazing. I can't believe I didn't see these shoes earlier. Don't ever order internationally, so Im not sure. But will I have to pay a customs duty? Im in the states.
Looking to pick up a pair of the brown double monks. Have a couple questions. I usually take a 9.5D in Allen Edmonds- any sizing recommendations? Also, is it simple and painless getting them shipped to the states?
Just seeing what you guys would do if you were me. Im 25, and just seeing how you think I should best allocate my 401k. I've been doing alright over the years, just want to see what you guys think. Here are the choices through John Hancock  
As others have said, practice, practice, practice. Also, if you have a Orvis store in the area, you may want to check with them. I took a FREE class from them, which went over basic casting, and to be honest, it was really helpful. Its called something like "Fly Fishing 101", and then they also have a 201 where they take you on the water (okay, a pond). Regardless, its worth checking out. I also took a free fly tying class there which went over basics.
That is quite a fancy lanyard. I think those look to be a bit much. I have something like this... but mine has a place for tippet spools.