or Connect

Posts by mikeman

Yeah, I have some family members who get prints from walmart/ walgreens and they look pretty terrible. I went through Mpix and they look amazing.
Same here. Etsy has some great stuff! And to just add to how impressive it is, it's a one man shop.
Yeah, I like all of the colors as well. However, my favorite color is green... Actually it was $240 - expensive, but when you compare it to the mass produced stuff out there, it's a good deal in my opinion.I can't say that there is anything I don't like. I mean, sure it would be nice to have it fit an 8.5x11 sheet, but I love the form factor of this one. Plus, you can always just fold your papers in half and slip it in-between like a folder.Let me know if you want better...
So I love the Rhodia pads--especially the No. 16. Keegan from One Star Leather ended up making one to fit the No. 16, as many people had requested it. I had mine made with Herman Oak Bridle leather on the inside, and Green Horween chromexcel on the outside. Yes--I paid a pretty penny for this thing, but its so nice, not to mention everything is done by hand. The pictures don't do it justice...
Do you guys get your pictures printed? I found thats it's nice being able to pull out a tangible photo to look at. If so, what size would you get? 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10?
Problem I've found with most of the big brand options is that they are sooo busy, with 20 pockets, usually made of crappy leather, and a zipper is just one more thing to break.
So, I had no idea where to post this, but figured the business section might be okay. Anyhow, I'm looking for a padfolio for work. I want something nice looking and made with nice materials. I found One Star Leather, and he offers some great choices. Most are made with Horween leather. I'm stuck between what size would be best. He offers a nice pad holder that will fit a 5x8 pad, or smaller options which hold notebooks like field notes. There are no options for a full size...
First attempts with a 10 stop ND. Noticed some vignetting on some of the photos. Seem to happen when i didn't cover the filter. I'm using the square type. Started a Flickr too. https://www.flickr.com/photos/128060282@N08/
Wow, some great stuff posted here. Recently got into photography, and found I like outdoor/ landscape shots. No color correcting or anything, just some graduated filters--which I'm still getting the hang of.
Great! Thanks for the info. I'm from Wisconsin, so I never really deal with extreme heat and humidity. Plus, I sweat easily to begin with... As for dining, the only place I can remember off the top of my head is Dooky Chase-- any good? However, I'll let them know that we'll want to get reservations early on. Any other places you'd recommend for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? It would just be nice to have some options, just in case things don't go exactly as...