or Connect

Posts by GloStiX

I got my re-make yesterday. No pics yet but here is what I think: A few small details were off: -Weird "ripple/pucker" at right armpit/chest area. -I reduced shoulder by 0.5", increased each sleeve 0.5". On the re-make, sleeves still too short. -Pocket-flap lining wasn't the same color as jacket lining on the re-make. On my original, pocket-flap lining was the same color as the jacket lining. -Pants came a little shorter than I specified, rise a little too longer than I...
Ordered Re-make one month ago. At tailor since Feb 14th. They're still partying for New Year's?
I'm always tempted to have a tailor remove the hip flare of womens jackets and coats since I'm 5'7" 125lb. Most small sizes in the US are still too big for me. Honestly I see nothing wrong with it, it's just a more creative way of appropriating clothing for your wardrobe. I don't discriminate where I shop at all, Levis boys sizes are great for slim fit chinos and such too.
Quote: Originally Posted by JKMWCL Ok - just received my first Indochino suit and I have to say, I'm impressed. The fit is great and the only alteration I need to have done is to take the chest in a little. That, alas, is my fault as I clicked the wrong box and didn't realize it unti lit was already being made...no biggie though, that's an easy fix. In full disclosure, I'm not a complete suit snob and my expectations were in line with the price...
Let us know how that MySuit4Less thing goes... I had an Asian tailor make me a suit via eBay for ~$100, it fit great but the quality just isn't there. Zero chest padding, cardboard "basting" (?) in the pants waist instead of a waistband, etc. I'm currently awaiting an Indochino re-make, I will post pics when it arrives and compare to my first suit from them..
I have to admit I just purchased a pair of Aldos http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoe...-castilleja/97 But I was aware of their quality and better options second-hand from AE, etc. However, what did it for me was a) the elf shoe style - I wanted something slim and sleek b) the fit - my feet are slightly wide, most Aldos are narrow, but these ones were not This creates a whole dilemma, wide feet, pointy shoe--how not to look ridiculous? They seemed to balance...
One time my wife said "I hope our dog poops on your vault of gold bricks!" Yeah bro, I keep each brick in its own Hermes birkin "dustbag" in my closet, worth $20,000,000. How's that for overpriced black dogs, or barking blacks, or whatever they call chocolate labradors these days. WHY DOES THIS EPEEN THREAD EVEN EXIST?
Students, young slim guys, athletic builds, etc. have yall tried Express's new "Extra Slim Fit" shirts? NOT just "Fitted". I called up stores and they didn't even have a clue, but it's on their site. The purchaser reviews say it's great, but then again Express probably filters the reviews that show up, so I want a more honest opinion. Wait for a sale, use one of their $15 off 50 or $25 off 70 etc. coupons, and you could probably get them for $20/ea.
EDIT: found it.
LOL typical sense of entitlement of kids these days. Just wait 'til 90% of them are slaving away at their unfulfilling 9-5 "careers".