or Connect

Posts by GloStiX

Quote in e-mail from Indochino regarding inexplicable adjustments to your measurements: I am sorry, I am unable to guarantee the measurements will not be altered as this is a part of the tailoring process. For example, I requested arms thinner on my remake. Their "tailoring process" made them even wider on the next suit. So... what's the point of tailoring again? Or "custom suiting" in general? This philosophy goes against the entire purpose of...
My THIRD remake, with specification "Please do not change these measurements" because their tailors keep changing them inexplicably, messing stuff up. Well, guess what--the tailor changed my measurements! Expanded arm, wrist, thigh, and knee, inexplicably. Now I have tree trunk arms on a really slim suit. Also, one of my pants pockets was messed up in the sewing process and they accidentally attached the inside of the pocket to the lining, or where the lining is...
I think that is a great fit. Besides the trouser hem, I don't see much that could be improved for an online MTM suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse Yeah, the shoulder fits really well now, but only because my tailor completely reshaped them from what Indochino sent me. He added a thin shoulder pad and changed the roped shoulder to standard flat ones....not sure if that's the correct terminology, but the shoulder is no longer roped, and it lays flat at the point where the top of the sleeve meets the edge of the shoulder. Sounds good. Before and after...
Buttons falling off is still common; has happened to me and many others. Not knowing the quality from 3 years ago, I doubt most of us will be able to make that comparison. But in general, as demand and production increases, quality goes down the toilet. It doesn't matter who's doing the work: Ford, Toyota, ModernTailor, Indochino. This is especially true of these online MTM services as of right now, with booming cultural demand for "custom" and "personalized"...
Quote: Originally Posted by landshark I have to agree. There is no reason to pay ~$70 for shipping a suit. It should be more like ~$20 Return in the same box, do USPS First Class, should be $13-20 depending on how much fabric is in there (weight). I got a quote from UPS just for kicks when I was mailing mine back--for it to arrive the NEXT DAY woulda cost only $18 (from New England). How in the f'ing world did he run up a $70 shipping fee?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber Why do a lot of people in this thread seem against darts on a shirt? Is'nt that a pretty good way of cutting down on the baginess in the lower back that some people are getting? Yeah I'm getting bagginess in the lower back too, you're saying if I request darts it'll change the shape of the shirt? Also, here's a pic of me wearing the shirt for anyone interested. I have the "batwing" effect, as well...
OK so I loved my trial shirt, and made an order for 2 more. I got them, and noticed right away that one of the two shirts had sleeves 2cm short. I e-mailed them with photographs comparing to the proper length shirt, to a tape measure, etc. and they said they would get back to me. That was several days ago, no response yet. After actually wearing the two shirts, I noticed the upper chest/shoulder area felt more restrictive than my trial shirt. So I measured the...
36R and S should have the same shoulders are you srs or are you a f'in troll? gb2 4chan
Angie contacted me back and assured me they are dedicated to helping customers achieve the perfect fit, so they will give it another go with their "master tailor" personally looking at my comments and an Excel spreadsheet I made with all my measurements on previous orders and how they fit, specific quality issues I had, etc. Someone posted that they got a $4M investment infusion and this may help with quality--I hope this is true.