or Connect

Posts by GloStiX

I am eager to see some finished products from their new digital cutting production system. I had a horrible experience with them back in the day, and I know they had just as frustrating of an experience with me. Every remake they tried to correct one thing but messed up 2 others. Eventually it came down to: here take your money back, GTFO. Can't blame them, but they need to blame their tailors. There was an extreme level of inconsistency in everything from different...
Anyone been able to track "ALDex" numbers from ModernTailor? Previously I had found the URL of "AnLiDa Express Shanghai," some Chinese shipping company. However, their site now leads to a generic bogus search engine, I suspect it's been hacked or ALDex has shut down or something. Another issue with ALDex tracking is that it is not transparent: AFAIK ALDex ships to a hub in NYC, which then ships it via USPS to my address. As a result, I don't ever find out the USPS...
20 y/o, prefer 8"-9" rise on my custom suits. A lot of fashion forward young mens' jeans these days are b/w 6-8" rise, so 8" on a suit isn't even bad... Also, I'm 5'7", so I prefer stuff to be proportionally adjusted, so low rise is a big plus for me. I'd rather not look like I have a huge s*** hanging from a diaper that I'm wearing inside my suit. And let us not forget that the pre-requisite to wearing skinny/low-rise suits is that one ought to possess a lean/athletic...
I am 5'7", wear sz 9-9.5 depending on brand, prefer leg openings around 6-7". It depends on how fat your cankles are, not how big your feet and other appendages are.
Yall may be unimpressed, but that's all I've been looking for: a clean plaintoe with a sleek shape and good quality. I've had to resort to Aldo and the like for a plain dress shoe with a fashion-forward (not clunky/chunky or fat) silhouette, but we all know about Aldo's quality...
Any info about this brand? Or their manufacturer?
MT gives 2 sleeve pleats by default. I asked for no sleeve pleats on a previous order. It came TOO tight, such that I couldn't bend my arm without it cutting off circulation, but hey, I asked for it! It's not MT's fault for making it that way, so I bought another shirt... On this order, I removed such requests, expecting to once again get their default 2 pleats, and ordered a completely different shirt: Fabric, Color, Cuff style, Hem shape, Collar style, even the...
Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius I don't get why some of the 1 ply 60s cost more than the 2 ply 80's. To take advantage of the suckers who gotta have that plain white fabric, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by landshark To me the premise is way too unrealistic, and will ultimately be the shows downfall. A smart, talented attorney, risks his entire career so he can work with a dishonest young college stoner. What's more is the show is called "suits." That in itself tells me that whoever is writing the show gained all their knowledge about lawyers from TV and have no idea what they do. They think they just prance around in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tony Romo so who was the one that was at my tailor's with two indochino jackets trying to get the sleeve pitch or something fixed... and was unhappy that it didn't come out perfect. You paid $400 for online made to measure suits and expect the sleeve pitches/rumpling to be perfect?!?!?!?!? I hate how people talk like that. "You only paid ____ for some middle-class sh*t-tier Rolex so what'd you expect, a functioning...