or Connect

Posts by GloStiX

DSW's house brand, shameless copies of various models by other mid/fashion brands like To Boot New York and Mercanti Fiorentini.   Anyway I am wondering what the current consensus is on this brand, they have some decent (and very comfortable) dress oxfords for less than a buck after tax.  
Return those jeans, would not pay $10 at Gap for that look and fit.   It's easy to get tunnel-vision when you're surrounded by the internet hype train (I don't even have anything against SLP, I DKDC--don't-know-don't-care) but seriously, those pics you posted look horrifibad.
ModernTailor used to offer 100% cotton shirts for 30-40$ with their vouchers/coupons.   For the past couple years, they've gotten increasingly expensive. Now a 100% cotton shirt in a non-outrageous/fugly pattern is no less than $80 shipped. $50-60 is decent, but the price literally doubled, given that we don't get real discounts anymore.   I'd be happy to hear people's recommendations for other similar online MTM shops.
Remake on the way, but I checked the measurements page and noticed their tailors changed the remake adjustments I put in! That defeats the whole purpose of remake because I specifically compared and adjusted those dimensions...   i.e. I left my shoulder measurement unchanged, because it was absolutely FINE, and I have multiple well-fitting suits to compare to. Yet they randomly decided to -0.5" from it. They randomly subtracted 0.5" from the crotch measurement on the...
Ordered a suit and received it.   -Craftsmanship is a lot better than 4 years ago, I'm totally satisfied there. -Fit according to my input measurements? NO, they edit in some weird way and add 4" here and there, so now it fits horrible. It's dumb of Indochino to do that, they're wasting their own profits on the remakes ppl will inevitably request. -Shoulder padding is RIDICULOUS. Way too much. -Armholes are LOW. Bottom of armhole hits at my nipple line, I can barely...
Very specific question for the experts here:   Jacket has too much skirt flare. Red = problem area, gap between hip width and jacket hip. Green = the contour I want to achieve. It looks much more severe in person, because this picture is taken from top-down angle so it enhances chest width and gives the illusion that the hips aren't as wide as they are. In real life it looks like a tutu!   My question is: how do I fix this? Which seam should I (or my tailor,...
I owned a Washington for less than 24 hours. My overall assessment of SS: jackets too long, sleeves too short. Seems to be a common issue with SS customer fitment.
5'7" 125lb. 36" chest 29" waist Ordered Washington in 32R. Will post pics after I receive it. Can anyone give me an estimate of how much tailoring might cost? I'm scared the cost of tailoring will be half the suit. -take in jacket waist -shorten jacket 1" -lengthen sleeves 1" -add 1 buttonhole each arm -taper pant legs (going for that "meggings" look ) -hem pants
According to a sales associate: the Blue Line Napoli fit is a different fit than the standard Napoli, it is slimmer. Can anyone here confirm/deny?
H&M $15 for their limited patterns/solids made in cotton/poly mix, $30-50 for the thicker pure cotton ones.