or Connect

Posts by GloStiX

Yes I intended to hit a nerve, complete with a sensationalist thread title, but I do earnestly want to learn about the technical aspects of this fit. But I have no clue where you got that I developed some persona, especially of a "rich guy", and who wears suits "for public display" (what the hell is that, an exhibitionist?). It is interesting that this thread has become so multi-dimensional, with much talk of how to romance women, but I myself had already posted before...
 I have thought about this a lot as well. I know that to some extent it is indeed media-based body image conditioning, i.e. after seeing the below picture, you would find your typical Brooks Brothers fit WAAAY too loose. Funny that you call it a mental issue, I brought a friend of mine to a suit fitting with me in New York before, and he jokingly said "this is like your Munchhausen's (a mental disorder)", in reference to how meticulously tight I preferred the fit, but I...
 I agree. I would say what makes a guy be more attractive is demeanor/body language/personality/etc. and in the looks department, things like face, height, blah blah before how tight your suit is. I do not expect a tight suit to turn any fuddy duddy into David Beckham.  That's just where your eyes are going     
 Yes, too tight causes discomfort or pain, or doesn't allow you to bend your arm/leg. There may be no visible signs, because theoretically a suit could be completely adherent to the skin, yet not causing these problems (i.e. diving wetsuit). Appearance of fabric and how it falls, how it drapes, how it hugs the thighs etc. depends at least somewhat on the fabric composition (% spandex, linen vs. thick flannel, etc.).  My ego is too big, AND I'm too fixated on other...
What I'm asking about isn't THAT weird, such as to get personal attacks for being shallow or chasing jailbait   It's pretty common/normal on red carpets and everywhere amongst fit young males, even beyond the Bieber age group. This is what women of all ages are brainwashed to want these days, by media and consumer culture influences, yes I admit, but that doesn't change things. I don't watch TV/Netflix so I actually don't have up-to-date celebrity knowledge, thus why I...
I understand I'm basically setting myself up to get flamed here, and the age demographic may not be in line with the kind of guys who wear such fits, but this is what young people these days want. Young girls see Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, One Direction, or whatever, and they want it. Young boys see it on celebrities too, and want to look like that.   Many tailors have told me the same thing, that all these young guys are coming in asking for their stuff made...
 Medical student, but hope to have a desk job, probably won't even use my MD besides as a resume decoration. I certainly don't need to do jumping jacks in my suit... also, I plan to buy 2% spandex fabric from the Shanghai (or wherever) fabric market and have a tailor make it from that. I don't know why you claim it's for mannequins though, clearly those are all real humans wearing them.
Opinions on the modern skinny fit?   What tailoring houses, if any, cater to this fit? (inb4 "Topman") What kinds of tailoring issues (shoulder divots, horizontal shirt wrinkles) does it create? I (and the young ladies) love this fit, but have found it's actually extremely hard to achieve, and the margin of error is just that much tighter. And that's taking for granted your BMI <20 in the first place (sorry to exclude 95% of this forum! )   Some say, even on an...
WTF happened to Indochino? Anybody *EVER* get anything good out of them?   Working with BlackLapel these days, seem to be much better in their patterns (OPEN QUARTERS, LESS SHOULDER PADDING, etc.). Not digitally cut like Indochino does, so possibly more room for variation between suits, but I haven't found that to be a problem.
Anybody know where Pitbull gets his suits/pants made?   I don't think they're simply OTR + tailoring, though that is possible. How tight they are and the nice high armholes with clean shoulders and no dimples, very fitted pants, etc. they look bespoke.