or Connect

Posts by the shah

Old one, I guess, as I haven't been in 5 years or so. It was always a zoo, lots of fun in there.Zlatan being Zlataninstagram.com/p/q_rH6khEJK/
Friendly matches, and pre-season in general, are a horrible metric for judging any team...You could always check out season highlights for any of the teams you're interested in, there are surely endless hours of viewing on YouTube. Lucky Bar is ok. If you make it to NYC, go to Nevada Smiths. The atmosphere there gets pretty intense esp during big EPL matches. It fills up quickly though.  Didier back in EPL is fantastic news, I don't care for Chelsea at all but this guy is...
Speaking of youth development ...   http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/16/sports/worldcup/a-qatari-soccer-program-looking-to-rise-buys-a-foothold-in-europe.html?ref=sports&_r=0
More transfer updates, Barca supposedly getting Mathieu from Valencia which means more pique-masc at the back (honestly bartra should be starting) Madrid will be getting James Rodriguez. Another luxury toy for Perez!
Short answer is that English players are overrated and in no small part due to the aggressive media. The league is filled with talent from other countries, you'll hardly find a top 4 squad with majority-English. They simply don't emphasize youth development like, say, Spain and Germany.Not sure who considers the EPL to be the best and by what criteria, but if you look at European competitions it's certainly not been the case in recent years. In terms of competitiveness,...
Ben Arfa fined by New Castle for reporting overweight to pre season training http://asia.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2014-2015/ben-arfa-facing-uncertain-future_sto4329447/story.shtml
Depends on how many years back you consider, but since 1993 only 3 teams have won the EPL save three exceptions, Blackburn in 95 and City in 12&14, which is the same in La Liga (Depor once and Valencia twice aside from Atletico, Barca, Real). And the top 4 has been more varied vs EPL traditional round robbin, excepting this past season or two. Just seems a certain way, I guess :-)I also think it's very cyclical, which leagues dominate. More recently it's been the Spanish...
this thread has become intro to soccer 101 hehe glad to see the WC enticed more people into enjoying the most amazing spectacle  as for watching teams, if you don't mind less than perfect video quality, streaming is certainly a viable option. plenty of options out there.   * * *   Kroos to Madrid, this is madness.   Debuchy signed by Arsenal. Not sure if we can actually get Khedira, his salary demand is insane but maybe that's why Madrid don't offer him a new...
Solari talking about US soccer    * * *   Kroos has said he's off to Germany.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2128685-real-madrid-transfer-news-toni-kroos-confirms-return-following-world-cup-win   Makes this interesting re: Khedira (Arsenal don't be cheap!) and especially if they go for Rodriguez as well, as he is represented by same agent as Di Maria which would make double commission should DM head out, PSG of course being interested...
 that's got nothing on this bromance of so man yyears