or Connect

Posts by jbuffone

I'd love to see some pictures of how peoples' black denim has faded. Whenever I've owned black on black denim in the past it always looks dusty or dirty after a few months. To me the appeal of the black on black is that it's so, so, dark. I want it to stay that way.
Maybe others will weigh in and correct me, but I think you would benefit from more casual, countrified shoes - derbies with some brogueing. The jacket and pants say country to me, the oxfords have a fairly elongated last, and cry out for a suit.
That's awful. whnay is right. refund/restart.
Hober.I have the same tie from Drakes. It's so thick that I wind up with a giant knot every time i want to wear it. It's like tying my duvet into a four in hand. Sure it can be done, but it never works.
Me too
Just stumbled on the site yesterday. edetal.sg The RTW looks pretty good at the $200 price point. I'm thinking about giving them a try - I can use the shoes as beaters at the very least. On the other hand I could put that money to a better pair of shoes. I've included a couple of pics. If you own a pair let me know where they fit on the quality spectrum and how they are wearing.
[/quote] I'm not much of a loafer guy, and I can't imagine getting a pair in black...but those are great. Fantastic. Care to share the make and model?
It's interesting that some of you guys like the C&J Lowndes as much as you do. I think they look great in pictures. However, I have a pair Drummonds on the 348 last and I can't say I really like them. I find the last to be way to long and narrow. They almost never look right regardless of what I'm wearing with them. I will concede that the look improves with trousers that are particularly slim, but overall they don't really do it for me. I'm not so sure why so...
I was wondering the same thing. Is all the Carmina love based purely on aesthetics?
They're 385GBP if I remember correctly. Minus the VAT exemtion they'll come in at about 600 CAD. I'm rounding down. I shouldn't have mentioned price but I was afraid people wold start recomending Lobbs, or something else out of my price range for shoes that won't get a ton of wear.