or Connect

Posts by j

It would make things different in the legal system. And because of the legal system, it would make things look different if someone who was technically "unauthorized" (because underage) was carrying a gun. We'd all say "what was some 17-year old doing carrying a gun around, he must have been up to no good". Personally I think "authorization" to defend yourself is crap, but because I would expect most people to comply with such laws, it would seem somewhat suspect,...
^I didn't read the whole thread. Maybe so. Maybe he was checking to see if this unrecognized person who was walking between the rows of houses (thus through others' yards, if I read things right), was going to immediately target/ break into someone's occupied house. He seemed to be trying to get an address for the police to respond to. I would hope my neighbor would do the same thing, though not to the extent of contacting the person.   I don't think either was a...
    That would be a raffle, and as we have no way to keep it fair or anything, (and it may violate some sort of trade laws) I have to say no. Sorry.
  +1. Though all this is only really useful as a theoretical exercise. To me, the pertinent question is not what happened (since we will never know), but what happens now. A jury will convict or acquit and we all have to live with the consequences in our own neighborhoods. To me the question is, can we do anything to prevent the media from blowing this up into riots or, during an already extremely tense and racially charged election year in this country, some kind of race...
Thread cleaned up. Stick to the clothes (and guns, I guess, within the topic), and keep the politics in CE.   And please don't report threads about specific types of clothing to me as political trolling. It's not my job to deal with your neuroses.
Millimeters and centimeters are different things, by a factor of 10. Don't get upset because people don't believe your wrist is 14 millimeters around. Unless you are a fetus - in which case I don't know why you need a watch - you are wrong.
Re: the PMs:         See if waiting a bit before sending a PM helps at all with this problem. It should be fixed soon in any case.
Sorry about that, I saw a bunch of posts in quick succession, with links and broken English, and spaminated on reflex. He should be back to normal (?) now.
Is this with any image you try? BB editor or the Rich Text? Where do you see that error code exactly?  
    Thanks for getting Careless Whisper stuck in my head.     It's probably because we had them turn off the Facebook picture = avatar feature, figuring a lot of people wouldn't want their FB picture of their actual self to replace their SF avatar. Yeah, it's there, and I think it looks strange, but they wanted to pay for it. Doesn't displace any text or make flashy things happen, so whatever. Must be some subliminal thing. I hate that. It's been happening to me on...