or Connect

Posts by j

Hey all,   I got this in my email from a new member and thought maybe someone who is up to date on the Paypal/B&S safety practices could give him a quick tutorial on how a proper B&S transaction is supposed to go down. It's been a while since I've sold anything and Paypal policies change from time to time, so I didn't want to give him any outdated info. Can anyone help?   Thanks, J.      
Weird, still getting this? Anyone else? Have you tried clearing cache/cookies etc., other browsers?   Totally creeps me out. I don't know about that one. I will take it under advisement.   Interesting.
My stepdad is a contractor, so with his advice and occasional help I've been getting a lot done. Cutting a hole in my wall to install a builtin microwave this weekend... no more microwave in the dining room!   ...   They report that the back-nav issue has been "probably fixed" - anyone still getting it?
Thanks for saying so. I miss hanging out here but I have a lot of other stuff going on right now and honestly haven't felt like I have had much to say for a while. I'm on a clothing semi-moratorium as home improvement and nice clothes don't go together, though I did pick up some nice Wolverine vintage-hiker-style Goretex boots for 50% off the sale price on a Black Friday code: http://www.solestruck.com/wolverine-branson-6-inch-black-gore-tex/index.html   Anyway, I'm...
It's being looked into. It does sound like an issue with some ad network script.
Are you at other than default zoom level by chance? I use Chrome zoomed-out and it breaks a few things. Fix is in the works, but not very high priority apparently.
Not bad, just busy with IRL stuff, and honestly, a bit burned out by some of the backchannel semi-forum-related conversation. I'm trying to catch up and get back in the swing of things as I can.  
  I guess what makes most sense to me is to allow the discussion to continue in the threads, and let people post them individually in Other. I don't really see a reason to disallow that currently. If the gift card listings get to be overwhelming, we could probably make a FS forum just for gift cards.
The generic avatars were supposed to be deleted, but I lost track of that issue and we probably just need to bring it up again to get it done. I think they are awful myself.
What do you want to do with them? I would prefer they be wherever they will work the best for the people who use them. I understand that especially the split thread is an unusual case that doesn't really make sense as a classified thread.   They can't be moved to a FS forum because they will disappear. The classified forums are different and don't accept a normal thread.   We could move them to MC if you think that will work. Maybe SW&D would need its own gift card...