or Connect

Posts by j

Yeah, he was getting his ass handed to him.
Ah, you were saying "only the first marriage", assuming a polygamous marriage (ceremony) could only involve two people at a time. I see. I was asking whether the "second" or other wives get the benefits given to "only" wives of monogamous marriages. I don't think they do.   Re: the insurance companies, they are (ostensibly) private entities, and they should be able to decide whom they will cover, for what, and for what premiums. I realize this is a radical opinion now,...
? Are you saying all polygamous partners can enjoy the benefits enjoyed by monogamous partners? I'm confused.
But they cannot have their relationship "recognized" by the state, with the attendant benefits (as hetero-married people enjoy) of the recognition. 
I'm skipping this thread except for this page, in an effort to preserve a shred of sanity. But I want to ask rach, do you not think it is fair to ask, whether it is hypocritical to lobby for one type of arrangement among consenting adults, but dismiss/ignore/reject another type of same? His comment didn't ask it quite like that, but I think it is valid.   Of course my position, in case you care, is that no one should need ask the state for permission to arrange his...
FYI, AFAIK the yelling was claimed by eyewitnesses to be Z yelling for help from underneath T. T's family says it is T yelling. Probably, no one will be able to prove it either way.
"We don't need you to do that" is a very gentle suggestion that someone stop doing something, but it is not a command or anything like it. It is not "telling" someone to stop doing something. (Not sure whether the 911 operator has any ostensible authority to issue a command anyway.) In everyday use, it is most commonly said when someone is doing something beyond what is expected, in a good way ("oh, you don't need to trouble yourself"). If anything, it implies that the...
Just wondering, can anyone prove, or has anyone claimed, whether Z stopped following/observing T after he was told he need not continue (not "told to stop", which keeps getting repeated incessantly) following/observing? He said "ok". If he started heading back to his car at that point, I can't see where he did anything wrong (unless he then confronted/assaulted T, mutual combat). To say otherwise would be to say that no one should ever try to carefully check out...
BTW, I wore a black suit, because Jesse told me it was a good idea. Luckily, this kept me from being photographed, the awful green cast of my outfit ruining the color balance of those around me.
It was really incredible to see this whole thing manifest in real life. Great to meet all the people I did meet (some I have known for 10+ years ), and regret that I couldn't meet everyone, or talk very long with some. Hopefully next time I will see you all again and meet more of you. Thanks so much to Fok, Mark, Gus, Kevin, Jesse, and all the SF local dudes who helped make this possible, and not least all the vendors who dragged their boxes and cases long distances to...