or Connect

Posts by j

Some of this stuff should be fixed in the release tomorrow. One of the things we got was the compact thread list view that optionally removes the 'last post' text and thereby tightens up that page. Again, tomorrow sometime. After that we will see what is still in the pipeline.
We are hounding on the speed issues. In the meantime, if you want, try Chrome - the site seems to run best on it. Also, if you haven't yet, clear your cache, cookies etc., and update your browser as much as you feel comfortable doing. That does help in some cases.
I'm not quite sure what you're describing. When you say 'before', do you mean a little while ago in this version, or in the old vB SF? Can you explain how to make the issue happen? That will help with getting help for it.
I'm not sure about 1, I will ask.   2, because of the way it is designed, only the thread/classified originator can be involved in the feedback for a thread. I guess if you wanted to, you could set up a classified for the item, for trade, close it, and have the "buyer" leave feedback. Other than that or an old fashioned feedback thread, I don't think there is a way.   That is confusing, thanks for the tip Brian. I couldn't see how to do it either. It's extra confusing...
Thanks, they are aware of that and are working on it.
I haven't tried it, but assuming this works, thanks for posting it. I would love it if those who don't want the sidebar could just turn it off.   I should add, if people don't know what they are doing, they probably shouldn't try this.
We have responded to it a couple of times, but I will do it again in this thread since we've locked the others: it is built-in and we can't opt out of it. That is one of the things we agreed to in order to get the benefits of the system. It does, at times, provide useful information, but we understand it often seems intrusive.   We are going to push for an optional 'power user' or 'lite' skin that would maximize text density and minimize basically everything else...
Ah, it's because you are not putting any text between the bracketed URL tags. If you just want to post a link I think you just paste/type it - use the URL tags only if you want to specify what the link text should be.
Thanks, I will forward it.
This is a bug that is in the queue to be fixed.   The new system unfortunately does not give that info to Tapatalk. The ability to record a user's last read message is in the development queue. Premium accounts activate as soon as the payment is received.  Permissions can be cached by your browser, though, so it's possible that you'll need to log out and log back in to see the change in some cases.  Barring that solution, manually clearing your cache should do the...