or Connect

Posts by MaChemist

I am selling a more than half ful bottle of Annick Goutal "mandragore" This is a fresh citrus scent. It is a bottle of 100 mL, preserved in the best conditions (out of sunlight, dry and cool) Asking 35 euro without shipping costs.
I am selling an almost full bottle of Serge Lutens "gris clair" This is a smoky lavender scent. It is a bottle of 50mL, preserved in the best conditions (out of sunlight, dry and cool) Asking 35 euro without shipping costs.
It is been a while but Bontoni is coming to Holland soon (for the third time) In the link below you can see a movie and interview of Franco Gazzani during the previous trunk show in Holland. For the movie scroll to the end of the page and click. This is the link: http://www.shoesandshirts.nl/nieuws/newID/23
It is been a while but Bontoni is coming to Holland soon (for the third time) In the link below you can see a movie and interview of Franco Gazzani during the previous trunk show in Holland. For the movie scroll to the end of the page and click. This is the link: http://www.shoesandshirts.nl/nieuws/newID/23
O man are you a grandpa or a lover of old man styled shoes?
So you certainly does not like French shoes like Corthay and Berluti then? And The soles and construction of my Santoni goodyears and Crockett and jones, Greens and Lobb are more or less equal. It is true there are more Blake rapid constructions in Italian shoes but that is not what you should compare with a goodyear or handwelted goodyear construction.
What is the problem with quality for Bontoni??? I saw how they were made from leather skin till finished shoe and it is all handwork (for the handwelted goodyear) from cutting, lasting, stitching and coloring and putting on a patina. They use high grade leather so I would say they are the same quality as Lobb. And it is also not entirely true that they are more fancy beause you can choose the color and style (basic till super special) yourself. They are just nice shoes...
Bontoni makes Goodyear handwelted shoes and goodyear welted by machine. The price for goodyear by hand is 1250 euro and than you get a sort of MTO service where you can choose between models like oxford, derby and monk. Also style and color and patina is like you demand it to be. The price for goodyear welted by machine is around 900 euro. That is the only thing I know for these type of Bontoni shoes. They also have a Blake rapid construction in their collection but I...
It is indeed a nice patina comparable to a lot of hand colored shoes.