or Connect

Posts by July

Bummer. I wish I had come up with the idea.
I got an invitation in the mail today from Who's Who. The last time I got one, I was in grade school; it made me feel special for several minutes before I was instructed to throw it out with the rest of the trash. Does anyone really take Who's Who seriously? Has Who's Who ever done anything positive for you?
Outlook not so good
skipped lunch and had my rival firm instead
+10 points for rakish audacity
duffle coat. burberry makes a nice one. gloverall makes the original.
no love?
Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced (<$500) source for MTM/bespoke wool sweaters of standard materials (merino, cashmere, etc.)? I'm looking for some fine-gauge, lightweight stuff; probably not the fuzzy, hand-knit variety (like Louise Irvine).
Thurston, no, not intended. The smell was odd, but most of it disappeared with light steaming, and I found that boxcloth takes well to conservative perfuming. I can only surmise that the box must have been stored in the vicinity of some robust decomposition for a good number of years.
I recently took delivery of a pair of boxcloth braces from Thurston with cat gut ends. Out of the box they smelled like death had found an old lot of aged goat cheese. It's coming from the ends. Thurston owners, is this normal?