or Connect

Posts by ironmarshal

Head of Corporate Finance for a Fortune 500 company.
Great response....my only question: I thought starching shirts was a bad idea as the it damaged the fabric over time. Is that the case, or have I been missing out by not starching my shirts?
Doesn't bother me at all to wear a three piece in the office, even if the dress code is dress casual. I wear my suits, including a three piece every now and then. if you aren't comfortable enough to wear it with confidence then don't try it. If you're not comfortable then you'll come off as somebody who's trying too hard, and that's not what you want.
I'm quite interested in hearing more reviews about them as well. I'm going to be upgrading my wardrobe soon and am debating between going to the Hickey Freeman Factory Store, trying my luck at Filene's Basement or trying the Astor & Black. I like the idea of MTM from Astory & Black, but haven't read many useful reviews from people who have bought from the company.
I know most people on the forum advocate that in general a man should one one black lace up oxford and then fill out the rest of the collection with varying styles and shades of brown shoes. I have a Scandinavian complexion (pale skin with pink undertones, blue eyes and blond hair which turns to white in the summertime as I spend more time outside). I have predominately worn black shoes because of the following logic: Since I have a fair complexion and low contrast look...
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs This seemed pretty cool to me but I've never been able to do it. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can't make it work. I've got several shirts that seem to have a little too much fabric around the waist and the extra blousiness has been bothering me.
Okay, perhaps I should clarify. Since the Gap only sells these heather grey undershirts in small and extra small which clearly won't work for somebody who is six feet tall, is there any other brick and mortar stores that sell these fucking shirts? Target, Wal-Mart, Macy's, JCPenney's and Burlington Coat Factory clearly don't.
Granted I live in a small town, but I can't seem to find a v neck grey undershirt anywhere. The only grey undershirts I find are the standard crew neck shirts which I don't care for. I see a lot of the guys at the office where these under their dress shirts and since we don't usually wear ties you can usually see the top of their undershirt because the top button in undone. It looks sloppy to me. Any ideas on where to find these?
I'll second the vote for CO2 cleaning. Although there are relatively few of them around right now if you have one near you I'd look into it. My understanding is that not only is it more environmentally friendly, but that it's easier on the fabrics as well. I have yet to find one around me, but as soon as I see one I'll definately try it out.
I also picked up a Romeo Gigle shirt from Filene's and have to say I'm quite pleased with it to date. I need to get the sleeves shortened but the quality is definately there.