or Connect

Posts by randob300

I've found the sizing of both brands to be very inconsistant (or just too many different cuts). The cotton Mabitex I found to be extremely slim. The Incotex for Zegna ever so slightly looser in the thigh (which is good for me). The nice thing about them, if you buy the wrong size, they're easily flipped on the B&S for practically no loss.
Quote: Originally Posted by rebel222 Me too; however, everyone wants the v-cleats for some reason. I prefer it for two reasons. On NOS, it dates the shoe and assures me these were manufactured to a higher quality than the new (crappy) Kenmoors. On used shoes, it allows me to see that the original soles are intact and I can be relatively confident the uppers are still in a good shape. Plus, it flat out looks (and feels) awesome. I love the...
Quote: Originally Posted by FStyles ok rook question---- what in the hell is a v-cleat? and don't tell me to google it cause i tried and google didn't know shit. It's a death wish. Slippery as hell on smooth/tiled/wet surfaces. But, it makes a very distinctive sound when walking that can't be duplicated by mere leather heels and lasts forever (coupled with all those nails). Personally, I've replaced about half my original v-cleat heels...
Quote: Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike Eh, just ask for a refund. Sounds like just a guy that doesn't want ebay to get a huge slice of his pie. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, there is. If you don't want to follow eBay's rules, don't use their service. I don't paying high fees, either, but it beats using Craigslist or other online systems. The bottom line is that without eBay, 90% of sellers wouldn't have another distribution...
eBay seller name should be posted in the feedback thread. This guy/girl is shady.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Do these run tts? I had these shoes (well, not these shoes, but the same model) and found they ran small. I usually wear a 9 D/E or 9.5 in most shoes, but found these in size 10 to be uncomfortably small with a sleek toe box. I'd say these are better suited for someone usually wearing a 8.5 or 9 and/or with a slim foot. With that said, pictures don't do these shoes justice; they're really beautiful in...
I really like the combination of the whole-cut with the Norwegian welt in the second pair; lends to a lovely "checks and balances," on the whole. These would look awesome on my feet
Get a pair of the Inco/Mabi's on B&S and have them tailored. Some great summer colors/fabrics on the board right now.
Those LLoyd & Haig's look great with flat, cotton laces. I am going to have to do that with a pair of mine. Great shoes at a great price!
Quote: Originally Posted by Bob01 Wow wish I saw you had these on before winning a pair of somewhat similar looking Royal Imperials... :-/ Damn, you mean my awesome attempt at salesmanship, "Nettleton was considered America's finest shoemaker and here's your chance to own the iconic American shoe: the Longwing." isn't enough for you to consider another pair? Ha! In all honesty, they are great looking shoes that have a really nice 'worn in...