Posts by imatlas

A cleaning lady attempted to "cuck" me into buying a new vacuum, to her specifications, or she would not work for us. I was sad to see her leave, because she was ferociously OCD, but clearly that same quality was going to make it impossible to work with her.   This marks my first non-ironic use of the term "cuck". I feel more masculine already.
The last time I had a rat problem we solved it with beer (for us) and baseball bats (for the rats). It was 100% effective and cheap, but your mileage may vary.
There are lots of nice country boots; depending on how rugged you want it to be look for boots with Vibram or commando soles, and either a veldtschoen or Norwegian welt.
I guess I deleted the email announcing the trunk show in SF on Saturday...when and where is it happening?
Have you stopped carrying Cantarelli, or are you just in between shipments? I noticed that they're not listed on your Makers section any longer.
Sure, if you like those sorts of things.
  Yep. They have big gloves.
 You're lucky that thimbles come in a range of sizes.
 Chai is a very real thing. "Chai tea", on the other hand, is an irritating redundancy.
We used Hansgrohe in the bathroom, but bought a Waterstone faucet for the kitchen. It's a serious piece of hardware, weighing close to 15 pounds as the entire thing is CNC milled from blocks of stainless steel. They use the same ceramic filters as Dornbracht. It might start to leak sometime in the 2050s, and to Ataturk's point we always say that we are going to exclude it from the sale when we eventually put this place on the market :)