or Connect

Posts by Bouji

Quote: Originally Posted by tiger02 Which is, ironically, almost certainly due to the influence of the same consultant who advises on your despised American wines. Whoopee, Vaclav, who are these Jersey based Moore brothers? Tom I don't see how this has any effect on terroir...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee I most often bought from my local Lea & Sandeman (3 minute walk), where there isn't much Burgundy under 20. Occasionally I would go to Corney & Barrow or Oddbins - the latter generally for New World wines. Do you drink much New World Pinot Noir? Oregon really makes some fine examples, though rather hard to find outside the USA. Some NZ wines go well with food and less profound moments. Don't get me...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee When I lived in London, I drank continental wines aplenty. But honestly, the Burgundies I was enjoying generally ran at least 20 pounds, and usually considerably more. You and I agree about Bordeaux being boring.Disregarding the fabulously priced wines of Vosne-Romanee that I cannot regularly afford but will gladly drink on another's dime, I always fall for a beautifully fragrant Chambolle-Musigny. Moore Brothers...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee No doubt for me, Burgundy. Unfortunately the price is high given the inconsistency, but I find a great Burgundy so much more memorably than a Bordeaux, partly for that reason. Plus I do not eat the lamb nor beef often. And while white Burgundy no doubt towers over Bordeaux blanc, I personally drink more of the latter as it pairs really well with the food I eat, and is reasonably priced. I for one have a bunch of...
Ate out a lot this weekend: Friday: Scallops with Sweet Chilli Sauce Crab Linguni 2 Bombay Saphire and Tonics 1 Laphroaig Some awful South African Sauvignon Blanc which others on the table were drinking (I had about 2 sips) Saturday lunch: Chilli Pepper Squid Lemongrass Chicken Fried Rice Beef Bak Choi and Ho Fun Vegtable Won Ton Soup Noodle Fruit Smoothie Fried Banana with Syrup and Vanilla Ice-Cream Saturday Dinner: Half lobster tail with...
Which are you a drinker of? Personally, Bourgogne (Burgundy) is my favorite wine. Of course they are both a different kettle of fish, Bourgogne is fruity, light and floral for the most part, certainly archetypical of Pinot Noir. Some argue that Bordeaux is far more complex, I agree in some respects. I enjoy St. Emilion, but despise Medoc. However, in my opinion, Bordeaux is only complex, because it uses a greater variery of grapes. It's not as if it is because of the...