or Connect

Posts by Bouji

Now I was out for lunch today, and I had the following: 6 Fines de Claire Oysters Hendrick's and tonic Grilled Whole Lobster 1 Armagnac 1 Romeo y Julietta petit coronas Bread and butter pudding Now my concern is that my server told me that the consumption of spirits and oysters is not recomended. At first I though that it would be okay, and shuned him because my stomach is ruthless, and so it would be after spending a few years in India... added to that I often...
Tiger02, I assume KP means coat as in the jacket part of the suit; if you mean a coat as in a full length or 3/4 length coat, I cannot see where he is coming from because having a coat in addition to one's suit jacket is NOT a step up in formality. Whence KP says "About 5-6 wore jackets, but no coat (a look that I personally detest)." I can only assume that he means a jacket without lapels, i.e. not a suit jacket, but I'm just speculating, as this seems the only logical...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee Only when the pedestrian light is lit green. In America (and some other countries), when there is a green taffic light, pedestrians can still safely cross the street where cars turn right (which would be left in the UK). Even when the pedestrian light, if there, is red. I'm not sure the latter is legal, but drivers are very aware that they have to slow down when making a right. Yes, this is true. I find...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee Regarding traffic, note that there's no right of way for pedestrians. One of my friends, on the first day of his semester abroad, got hit by a bus and broke his leg because of this. Not a good way to begin an overseas trip. At pellican and zebra crossings; there is.
Quote: Originally Posted by boo I'll probably get some cash to tide me over until I reach my hotel, and use the ATM from there. Will definitely keep in mind re: walking across the street. I have a good health plan, but I'd rather not put it to the test. I've verified my cell phone will work on European bands, but for $.99/minute plus international long distance charges if I call a UK number. I'll look into pre-paid sim cards, and I'm pretty sure my phone...
Quote: Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel yes, lakshmi. aren't you busy trying to buy arcelor though? Lakshmi Mittal does not go for 2 bedroom flats, even if they are in Kensington
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Saw an American (well, his crying wife was certainly American) who seemed to have made that easily made mistake just Friday afternoon in London. Ambulances, blood, limbs in odd angles. Take the advice above seriously; I've had a few close calls on this account in London myself. Though it's not a pleasant thing to see humor in, this reminds me of a funny story. I was viewing a flat with an agent, and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim meddling Brits! That be myyyyy space craft thingy
Quote: Originally Posted by Margaret Why not just ask for documentation? I would personaly not care less; in the UK the law is such that it is not my problem, just theirs. I don't know about the US.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabienne I'm not a lady. viellicht eine Frau?