or Connect

Posts by Bouji

Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara That is cutting down? If so, Compared to the preceding days, certainly.
Have cut down in the last two days. Had a reasonable amount of Vodkas last night (4), and a bottle of Champagne this evening.
Have: Arcam Solo Mini Arcam rDock B&W 686 QED Silver anniversary XT speaker cable QED Qunex 2 Interconnect Aspire to: Roksan Kandy Amp & CD B&W CM7 speakers or Cyrus 8 Amp & CD B&W CM7 speakers Likely next system: Rotel RA-06 Arcam Solo Mini as CD player B&W CM7 speakers
Had a lot to drink last night, I think around a bottle of vodka and a 3 beers. Today I woke up feeling a little bad, so I had quite a bit of coffee, quite a bit of vitamin water, and a couple of paracetamol. Although this got rid of the headache, it left me feeling ten times worse, quite shaky and nauseous, I had a gin and tonic with dinner and felt a little better, still a little edgy (must be the caffeine?) What's the best cure, its not really a hangover, more like too...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire It's drinking very nicely, and it was the only split I had in the cellar at the time, unless I had wanted some ice wine...which I was not in the mood for. I had tried it at the wine shop, so I knew it was already quite drinkable. I have three more now (they were on sale) and they won't be cracked until about 2014. That's good, you must have found a bargain then. How did you prepare that foie gras? It...
You sure can, but a 2005 Sauternes? Isn't that a bit young?
Quote: Originally Posted by tricota I second that, though if the object is inebriation, I prefer not to do it alone. A few drinks while waiting is fine, but drinking before you go out to drink, seam a bit like eating before you go out to dinner. In other words, the thing you used to do in your youth, purely for financial reasons... That ideology does not follow through completely. The food that you eat out is often of higher quality than...
How long should one wait between the last tablet and the first drink? I've managed to stay off the drink and have only one tablet left to take.
What is the problem? I'm on antibiotics and really craving a drink...
This thread has lead to a new level of insanity. I sat drinking a bottle of wine until around 2am. Then I had a 2 whisky and sodas, this brought it to around 4am. I took a look at this thread around 4.05 am. I checked which Mcdonald's opened the earliest near me. It was around 1.5 miles away. Earliest was 5am, so I had one more whisky, put some clothes on, and got on the night bus. Waited outside the branch for around 3 mins. Ordered a Bacon muffin, and a sausage and...