or Connect

Posts by Bouji

The point was not the actual music.
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta no more drunk posting for you. you want drunk?
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson The only reason someone needs to drive whatever car they want is the fact that they own it or are leasing it or whatever. Acting like someone shouldn't drive a G55 or a hummer or a pickup truck just b/c they live in the city and never go offroading is ridiculous. If it's your car, that's all the reason you need to drive it. That being said, the G55 is ugly as fuck and I'd be self conscious about looking like a...
I don't think anyone is really looking at what you are driving. They are much more concerned with the people they are with, what they are eating, if the restaurant is any good, etc. In the US the G55 is driven by a lot of celebrities, who have no idea why they are driving it. However, I do think it is a good car for people who are driving it for the right reasons. It is a rugged car, it is well built, one of the only cars still made by hand. Most modern Mercedes just...
One thing I do know, there is a hierarchy as far as brands go, Top tier brands e.g. Naim, Plinius, Boothroyd Stuart Meridian, Pathos, Myryad, Chord, Krell Aspiring top tier brands e.g. Mark Levinson, Musical Fidelity, Rega, Bryston, Quad Good brands e.g. Cyrus, Arcam, Roksan, higher end Cambridge Audio & Marantz pieces. The Japanese stable e.g. Yamaha, Denon, Sony, Pioneer, Onkyo Decent stuff e.g. Rotel, Cambridge Audio, Marantz, NAD,...
I am no expert, and those who know better feel free to correct me, but as far as I know, - A separate pre/power usually allows the individual components to concentrate on their own jobs, the pre to take care of the signal, and the power to drive the speakers. Separating the two should lead to a more transparent sound. However, I was always under the impression that less links in the chain also leads to a better sound, so separating the two may not be beneficial. In home...
I am no expert, and those who know better feel free to correct me, but as far as I know, - A separate pre/power usually allows the individual components to concentrate on their own jobs, the pre to take care of the signal, and the power to drive the speakers. Separating the two should lead to a more transparent sound. However, I was always under the impression that less links in the chain also leads to a better sound, so separating the two may not be beneficial. In...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouji Have: Arcam Solo Mini Arcam rDock B&W 686 QED Silver anniversary XT speaker cable QED Qunex 2 Interconnect Aspire to: Roksan Kandy Amp & CD B&W CM7 speakers or Cyrus 8 Amp & CD B&W CM7 speakers Likely next system: Rotel RA-06 Arcam Solo Mini as CD player B&W CM7 speakers Would it be better to go for a power amp rather than an integrated amp? If so which?