or Connect

Posts by Bouji

Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I had lemonaid with bourbon recently and it was very nice. Lynchburg lemonade. 1 part American whisk(e)y, 1 part triple sec, 1 part sour mix and 4 parts lemon-lime soda (lemonade in the UK).
It really depends on how the wood has been treated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas What was the first law? Did it have something to do with nuance? No black suits. Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar If a given type of varietal is made in France and some other countires, the French version is better. fixed. They only say 'varietal' in the USA, so I'd stick with the original. ... and I'd mostly agree, but I do prefer Italian versions of French...
Beef, because... Steak!!! Cottoletta Milanese (Beef/Veal same animal!) Carpaccio Beef Chow Fun Burgers Pastrami Galbi Would miss the following from pork, and would have to settle for the one in brackets... Iberico, Proscuitto di Parma, Jambon Bayonne (Bresola) York Ham (cold roast beef slices) British bangers (Beef sausages ) I'd really miss pates and other offal based dishes, because I really don't like cow kidneys, liver etc. Chicken liver pate...
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Abbey Road! East Side of St. John's Wood! Quite a walk from Abbey Road.
Live in London, overall safe. Live in a 'safe' part of London, St. John's Wood, but have still have experienced an attempted mugging, not far from my home (not violent and not successful). Being shot is not something I foresee, but then again I don't use the busses. Someone brought up a valid point, there are social housing estates in even the best areas, Mayfair, Chelsea, St. John's Wood, Kensington, etc. So you're probably as much at risk in the 'better areas'...
Got a bottle of stoli blue as regular 40% whisky, vodka, gin etc. just didn't cut it anymore... Question is, is it more pure? Mendlev worked with 40% vol vodka, but to me 100 proof (50% vol) sounds more pure...
Quote: Originally Posted by why Ever heard of gnocchi? (Side note: I've yet to meet an American who pronounces this correctly.) EDIT: late. Sure, Gnocci is a primi, and the contorni may not include starch. So, my point stands, an Italian meal without a primi and a tradtional contorni would not include carbs/starch; hence bread may be needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by VKK3450 I think Waitrose has a sort of house wine called "Good Ordinary Claret". Tried it? K At its price, I love it. Do you know its a rip off of Berry Brothers and Rudd's 'House' wine?
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Patate Fritte alla Romanesca, Gratin Di Patate, Patate alla Griglia, Passato Di Patate, Patate al Forno alla Lucana, Gnocchi alla Romana (not a primo), Patate Tartufate, Patate Verdi, Patate Lesse, Crocchette Di Patate.... all contorni Anyhow, you seem persuaded that your little classification in the OP is right and that you just discovered something earth-shattering so I'll leave it at that. Haha I did...