or Connect

Posts by MrG

Thanks, dude. He clearly felt horrible yesterday, and he's not the type to be bothered much by illness, so it really bugged me to see him that way. He managed to eat real food at dinnertime, and by bedtime he was obviously feeling far better. This morning he informed me that he was "way much better."I'm also happy to report that, as of right now, no one else is sick. I'm not ready to declare us out of the woods yet, but so far so good.
+1I had a similar thought watching the last episode. It seems to have completely lost its way, and it really feels like maybe the writers have run out of ideas.I keep hoping there's some big payoff coming, but, even if there is, at this point it's becoming such a slog to get through the series that I'm not sure it's worth it.
My son woke up in the middle of the night puking. I'm looking after him for a bit while my wife takes the baby to daycare and grabs some work to bring home, then I'm off to work. The worst of it seems to have abated, but he still clearly feels pretty rough. Usually, when he comes down with something, it doesn't phase him at all, so if he's obviously sick he must feel pretty awful. I hate seeing him this way, and I'm sympathetic because vomiting is pretty much the worst...
I watched more than this. I want to say I got through about half a dozen. It doesn't get any better.I gave up because, on top of being excruciatingly boring, the number of episodes die-hard fans told me I had to watch for it to become enjoyable increased every time I passed the previously-set threshold."Check out The Wire. It's incredible. Greatest show ever in the history of ever. It's literally the end of TV.""Watched it. It was boring. Does it get better?""Yeah, man....
My son swallowed a dime on accident recently. Should I see it again when its journey has been completed, I'll send it your way.
We are all doomed.
Also, I find it disturbing that lottery lady is being presented as a feel-good story in articles about her."Woman makes a shocking comprehensive list of very poor decisions and then literally lucks her way out of it, statistically only temporarily. Let's celebrate all she's overcome!"I provided part of that $2. I would like a proportionate cut of the jackpot.
Fair point, but it's not so much lottery intuition. She got her inspiration from a higher power. According to her, it was a gift from God, because we all know how much Jesus encouraged using your kids' welfare check to play games of chance.I've always figured the lottery demographic was more working class/working poor. I'd have thought there was a sort of "poorness floor" where there's so little liquidity that you legitimately can't put the couple bucks together to buy...
I just read an article about a Powerball winner in North Carolina. She's 26 years old, has four kids, appears to be unmarried, and recently quit her jobs at McDonald's and Walmart to look after her kids. What in the hell is an unemployed, single mother of four doing spending money on lottery tickets? I know this is venturing close to CE territory, but given my complaint is about her behavior, not the idea of the welfare state, I feel justified posting it here.