or Connect

Posts by MrG

So, the referendum is, apparently, not legally binding, which means Parliament isn't necessarily required to actually initiate an exit from the EU. The couple quotes from the article I linked below implied that Parliament would follow the will of the people, but it was written 10 days ago. I wonder if things have changed now that Parliament's members have seen the preliminary damage. http://www.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6
Please give Mouse all of the hell he deserves.The problem isn't for the kids who are old enough to ignore it; it's for the youngest kids who don't need to be taught that there are bad guys out there who want to shoot them all in the name of protecting them from a risk that is so small it's basically nonexistent.We are training children to live in fear, and government schools are by far the biggest offenders, at least from an institutional perspective. This seems like just...
Am I only one starting to see the picture of the girl standing on a toilet for (it's claimed) an active-shooter drill? This is starting to make the rounds on my Facebook, and it's invariably supplemented with a melodramatic post about how guns are making our children unsafe. In a related question, am I the only one who thinks the psychological damage we're doing to small children by teaching them to be afraid all the time is far more of a concern than the 1:2,500,000...
I didn't realize yours wasn't a response to mine! I just thought you typed really fast!
Also, to bring this thread back around to hating on Ticketmaster for a moment. I got a whole bunch of vouchers from the settlement, and they finally released shows where they'll work. There are actually some surprisingly decent ones on the list, but, of course, the codes don't actually work because we're still talking about Ticketmaster here.
If we're talking purely about unpleasantness, I'm afraid you've made a distinction without a difference, my man.
I'm pretty sure a Fatwah was issued at some point that declared listening to Radiohead and fasting to be equivalents in terms of discomfort, and the faithful are therefore only expected to engage in one at a time.
Yes, but without the stupid "why are there alligators at Disney" comment, we would never have gotten this gem: "To defend against Captain Hook?" *Yes, I know it was technically a croc that took Hook's hand, but it was still funny.
Also outrageous. I guess there's some rationale to it, since they're a resellers, and thus make money only from the transaction. Still, that doesn't make it any less frustrating.That would be most excellent of you, Ed. The show is at Buckhead Theatre, so I don't know if that would work for you, but let me know.
Ha. That's pretty awesome. Maybe I should give it a go with the place here.I actually considered just going to the box office to get them so I could save the fees, but, on top of being a haul from the burbs, the venue box office is only open from 12-4 Monday-Friday.