or Connect

Posts by MrG

I just wanted to say that I also have very strong feelings regarding otc's choices related to holiday travel (particularly his decision to spend Thanksgiving traveling with GreenFrog).
Fair point.
FTFY
I have no idea who this Negan person is, Lefty, so I have no particular interest in his story arc at the moment (nor whatever spoilers might be revealed by talking about him). I also don't care if Glenn dies. The point is that I find the notion of a cheesy "gotcha" to be a stupid idea and insulting to the viewer. And, again, you don't have to "bear another season." It's a fucking TV show you can turn off whenever you wish. We get it. You don't like the show. Hooray for...
+1, Javyn. I'm not a fanboy, but I enjoy the show enough to keep watching, even if it's not as good as it once was. Killing Glenn is a throwback to the no-character-is-off-limits feel of the early show, and the way he died is a statement on how unforgiving their environment is. It also illustrates why people like Rick are the real survivors in their world. Apparently killing him, only to come back and say, "psych! He survived in an obscenely implausible (even by the...
I don't have hate for people whose parents set them up well. Indeed, I have worked hard to do the same for my kids and provide them with opportunities I didn't even know existed when I was young. But I'm not ashamed of hating on smug bragging about the fact that you don't have the problems of the poors simply because you happened to be born to the right parents. If you don't have student loans because you worked your ass off in school and at work and this paid your way,...
In most states, I agree completely. If I had a kid looking at colleges right now, my advice would be, "if you don't get into an Ivy or one of a select group of others, stay in state."WIN!
I agree generally. Aside from the truly elite, or specialized, institutions, I think the typical student is going to get a materially similar education at top 50, even top 75 or so schools. Plus, if you intend to stay close to home, regional connections can trump most quality difference that might exist in that group (in most cases, I'd rather job hunt in Atlanta with a UGA, even UF degree, than ND).That said, the US News rankings (which are entirely about perception)...
Yes, pretty much exactly what HRoi said.FWIW, my wife and I started dating during her last semester at UM (she transferred to UF). I don't recall thinking the people I met were any smarter overall as compared to UF and UGA (though generally much richer, given it's private), and she transferred because UM wasn't special enough to justify the cost. Basically, she could save tens of thousands of dollars and get the same quality of education. This was quite some time ago, but...
I agree in principle, but I think you're overstating UM's reputation. It's not quite a Michigan or a ND, more a UGA or a UF (which, all elitist BS aside, is still quite respectable in the grand scheme of things).