or Connect

Posts by MrG

The flux capacitor on my Delorean broke while I was showing my kids prehistoric lands during the afternoon, and I spent my Saturday night fending off dinosaurs instead of attending a saucy puppet show with Bender and Fry.Oh, I'm sorry, is this not the thread where we tell outrageous, obvious lies?
Thanks for the kind words, dude! And thanks for the well wishes. If it's the right opportunity, it'll work out. There's still a lot of space between here and there, but it's an intriguing possibility.
I already told you in the PM you sent that I'm not interested in the assistant jizz mopper position you just opened up. I don't want to disparage the work you do, but it's not the type of thing I have any interest in doing. I appreciate the offer, but please don't make this awkward.Ed at 10:34 this morning:
I'm not currently actively looking for a job, but, like all professionals I know, I'm always looking passively. I noticed recently that a position has opened up that is pretty much my holy grail, both for the work and the location. I'm just barely qualified based upon the job posting, so I reached out to someone I know who has an in with the organization to get a feel for whether it was worth pursuing. After looking into it and talking about me with the guy doing the...
I will concede the correctness of the entirety of your post if you can explain how nothing is stopping a family with children in the suburbs, with a modest-length commute that passes over a major highway and through the projects, from riding a bike instead of driving a car. That's my commute exactly. Less than 10 miles each way, so it's not super long, but it's through a variety of environments and it includes dropping off a child. I'm curious how that is supposed to work...
Haha. I appreciate the compliment, but don't undersell yourself - you're plenty smart and stubborn. Kidding aside, I didn't mean to argue the point; I just wanted to point out my intentional word choice.I absolutely think electric cars should be paying in via an alternative tax. That said, you have to be careful to make it equitable. For example, we just added a tax in Georgia where electric car owners have to pay every year to compensate for "lost" gas tax revenue. I...
I didn't say second-class citizen. Not trying to be pedantic, but that's bundled with meanings I didn't intend. We don't, and shouldn't, have a pure fee-for-service setup with our government. Indeed, we don't even have that with roads, which are built with money that comes from more sources than just gas taxes or registration fees. However, with very, very few exceptions, the norm is for vehicles driven on the roads to pay for at least part of the cost of those roads with...
I think both sides of the bike-car debate tend to fall prey to the availability heuristic, but I will say that it's usually the cyclists who fall back on the, "I can do this assholish thing because it's legal" argument, and I find that obnoxious. I don't care if state law says you can ride two wide, or whatever, if you block traffic just because the law says you can, you're a dick. That said, I really have no problem with upgrading and adapting the infrastructure to make...
Edit: On second thought, the joke might be missed and add to the already-boiling rage in this thread.