or Connect

Posts by MrG

My boss asked me to do my own performance evaluation. I don't mind this in principle, and I think it can be a useful management tool. Problem is, this is my first evaluation in this job, so I don't have any reference for how they're typically done here. I really want to give an earnest appraisal, but I keep going back and forth on whether I'm being too generous or too critical.
Not sure yet. I kind of feel like this is the sort of thing that should be celebrated as a family. There are some good lessons here for the kiddos; this could really be a teachable moment.
According to the On This Day thing on Facebook, four years ago today was the day I made the post that led to my unfriending of Edina.
No, no it's not. It's a great day for homosexual couples who wish to receive the same recognition as straight couples in the eyes of the law. If that somehow brings them joy, great. However, I refuse to acknowledge as great for America the supposition that it's a good thing that the highest court in the land has just reinforced the idiotic notion that the government has any right to weigh in on the composition of people's interpersonal relationships. That said, if you'd...
Yeah, I admit I expected more love than I got on that one. I guess you could say I failed.On that note, I commend you on having the courage it takes to live a life comprised entirely of fail, because I gazed into that abyss for merely a moment, and I did not like what I saw.
My wife is originally from Cape Town, otc. She hasn't been back in a while, but her sister was just there and there are some family friends in the area. Let me know if you'd like me to solicit some input on stuff to do/see.
My son's current preschool doesn't offer a pre-k program, so yesterday they had a little "graduation" ceremony for the kids who will be moving on to pre-k in the fall (a group that includes my son). As part of the ceremony, all the kids who will be moving on said their name, age, and what they want to be when they grow up. It was mostly pretty standard stuff - there were a few aspiring teachers, a couple cops, and a ballerina - except for my son, who declared that he...
My last girlfriend before MrsG had a lot of family in NJ, and we went up to visit once. One of her relatives ran a little sandwich shop in the city where her family lived, and they made what they called a sloppy Joe. It wasn't like any sloppy Joe I'd ever had, but it was delicious. The girl, on the other hand, had serious, deep-seated psychological issues, and those issues stole away part of my youth. Still, those sandwiches were fucking tasty.
Did you end up going? Oddly enough, despite seeing more shows than I can count in Atlanta and Athens, I've never been to a show at Eddie's Attic. I almost saw the Bottle Rockets there recently, but they played Athens the next night, and I take pretty much any excuse I can find to go to Athens.