or Connect

Posts by MrG

We have a security system, but I've never felt inclined to have it set up. I do lock the doors to the house, but I often forget to lock my car, which I park on the driveway. I don't think I'd buy in an area that made me feel like I need round-the-clock surveillance. Maybe when I was younger and had no kids, but not anymore.I will say I like the door chime for all the exterior doors, but that's just because I don't trust my toddler not to make a break for it.I have...
Just wait until you need a counter-depth refrigerator. You get all of the stupidity idfnl talks about at a 20% premium because it's smaller!
No, that's exactly what it is. If they say there's a 10% chance of rain, that means if the exact same forecast conditions existed 10 times on that day in the area it covers, it would be expected to rain once.
You're still kind of talking about two different issues, though. With yours, given the time of day it happened, it was just a missed forecast. They probably don't update it because it's either based on the official forecast or because going over the original forecast temp doesn't mean you adjust to whatever the temp is at that moment. So, for example, if the forecast high is 50, and you hit 51 before the warmest part of the day, the adjusted forecast isn't actually 51...
Also, speaking of quirks of meteorology and apps, my app told me the high yesterday was 43 and the low was 48. This is because "high" and "low" really mean "expected temperature at what is typically the warmest part of the day" and "expected temperature at what is typically the coolest part of the day," and we had a front push through overnight/today after a chilly day yesterday, but it still made for a funny-looking forecast.
This is the correct answer. The number in the forecast is just that - a forecast. That won't change even if it's incorrect. Some apps, including mine, will update the forecast throughout the day it dial it in, but, if that hasn't happened yet, the forecast number shouldn't change just because the actual temperature exceeds it.It's similar to the reason you can check your phone during a thunderstorm and see a 10% chance of rain - you just happened to fall in the 10% of...
My neighbor across the street has a swastika on a little clay sculpture on his doorstep. He's Indian. Given I understand the provenance of it, I certainly have no problem with it, but I thought it was interesting given our geography. I wonder if I would be given the same latitude if I had a little Battle Flag on my doorstep.But this is a softer version of what you said earlier, and I think it's much more agreeable, too.Stars and Bars =/= The Battle Flag
It wasn't a grammatical error. It was a factual error, and it was a pretty egregious one for someone who claims to display the flag because they're "way into" Civil War history.He really has had a remarkably steady career, and he's one of those I tend to forget is so good until I revisit his work, at which point I always end up thinking, "why don't I listen to this more often?"MrsG is a big fan. Petty was a bucket-list show for her, and we finally got to see him on his '10...
I figure I'll just try and unload it outside the venue the next time Tom Petty comes to town. I figure I'll find tons of buyers in the audience of a guy notorious for peddling hate imagery. Tom Petty - Rebels by jpdc11
I know I'm looping us back to an old argument, but, whatever, chances to argue about our dear Dixie alongside FLMM have become too few and far between.This was largely my experience, except it was dad who had the deeper Southern roots, Confederate soldiers, etc. (mom's family is from the Upper South and less interested in regionalism). I had a bunch of the flags, including the old Georgia one with the Battle Flag in it, and never felt bad about it, or used it as a racist...