or Connect

Posts by MrG

Ed isn't a Braves fan. He probably has some story he uses to explain this away despite its obvious inconsistency with his professed love of the ATL, but it's really just because we all decided we didn't want him. And we're rebuilding! Or something.
H and I are similarly adept at car repair, and I have a reliable shadetree guy for when stuff gets beyond my abilities. A head job on an import, however, is an entirely different animal.
Thanks, dudes. I'm going to push and see if I can get some compensation, but I'm not optimistic.Because the shop it was at was a place I'd used for other repairs, and they did well. I also had a strong feeling it was in the valve train, so I was confident they were correct. Despite being major engine work, redoing a head shouldn't be that difficult for a decent mechanic, but I guess they got out of their depth. Plus, I didn't get a referral for the second place until I'd...
So at some point recently I'm pretty sure I complained here about my car issue. I had it in the shop for what I suspected would be a big repair, and my suspicion was confirmed: The car needed a top-end rebuild. Fast forward to the car being finished, at which point the shop informed me that the rebuild was done, and the problem remained. They were "kind" enough not to charge me for they work they did, and told me I could have it back. I went to pick it up, and the damned...
I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm the other morning and thought "ugh, I'm so tired, I really don't want to get up for work in 20 minutes." Then I realized it was Sunday .
As to the "why buy" question, I don't view it as an investment at all. I know it technically is, but, aside from doing my best to buy a place I'm confident will hold/increase its value, it was an immaterial consideration when I decided to buy. I like the ability to customize and do whatever I want with the house, and that was a consideration, but for me it came down to three things: Control, location, and a sense of permanence. I figured this all out as a result of...
Similar situation here. Bought in 2010, at what I thought was the bottom of the market, but it turned out that the area I bought in still had a bit more to fall. We didn't lose much value, especially because that area didn't see the enormous drops the rest of the country saw, but it was enough that we're just now recovering the value because the area has also been slow to recover. We moved out after just over three years for a job change (so a bit less than three years...
I'm a little behind on the thread (I guess I have to remember to pay attention to it again since I'm a homeowner again!), but thanks for the thoughts. What you're describing seems to match pretty well with the other reading I've done on it, and it's reassuring to hear firsthand that someone else had this issue and it wasn't a huge deal. I think I'm going to keep an eye on it to see how it changes with the seasons and go from there. One thing I will say is that it seems to...
It really is, and yet it somehow remains popular among people I feel should share my contempt. I sincerely don't get it. I've even thought about trying to watch it again just to see if it's as bad as I remember, but ain't nobody got time for that.Um. Dr. Lee. Duh!
Don't bother with a Cuban sandwich in south Florida. They don't know what they're doing down there.