or Connect

Posts by MrG

I've got a conference downtown, so I'm giving the commuter bus a try today. Two open seats left, one in each row. Black dude sitting in front of me on the aisle, me doing the same, both hoping the chubby white lady doesn't decide she wants the open seat next to us. Why are old white ladies so racist!?
Don't let them upset you. You have just as much of a right to be in that men's room as they do!
Imagine how long the lines would be if the TSA were forced to reliably catch security issues!
This is me sometime this year once things have settled in with the new house and we upgrade the missus' car.We're almost certainly going Odyssey.
This is definitely legit advice. It was actually my tack in the early weeks and months after he became my supervisor. I became his go-to guy on a lot of things, and he tended to heed my advice. He did the same thing with some other people in our group on subject matter that isn't my specialty. He also acknowledged at that point that he wasn't sure if he was going to just try to play the manager role and let us do our thing or actually learn the work.The problem is that...
It is immensely frustrating, and it keeps getting worse because he's getting to the point where he's been in his job long enough that he thinks he has the tools take make changes. The reality, however, is that he hasn't and doesn't. I have to correct my own boss multiple times a week.It's also starting to become a problem for me because it's forcing me to make calls that are above my pay grade. I don't mind making these sorts of calls. In fact, I've been told I'm...
In my experience, FM is pretty obviously a "syndrome" caused by untreated mental illness (usually anxiety or depression). Everyone I've ever met who claims to have FM pretty clearly has some issues happening upstairs that they haven't addressed. The best thing we could do to cure FM is to de-stigmatize mental illness and encourage people to seek treatment for it. So, to paraphrase Piob from earlier, it's not that people with FM aren't ill; they're just not ill in the way...
My boss is vastly under qualified. Like, he has zero background in what we do. It's so bad that people in other departments ask how we function. Anyhow, because he doesn't have the background, and because we do something that requires specialized knowledge, he has a tendency to come up with process "improvements" that cannot possibly be implemented. This time around, he recommended we adjust one of our financial processes in a manner that is expressly prohibited by the...
Exactly. Like I said, if some catastrophe hits, I understand needing some help, but I'm often shocked at what people will solicit help for. Sorry, dude, but the fact that you assumed you'd never need your health insurance and didn't prepare for the deductible isn't the rest of the world's problem to fix.The ones that really irritate me are when people ask for money so they can start a small business. Sure, I'd love to pay your way while you embark upon a pipe dream no...
I hate GoFundMe more than I hate people who abuse accommodations for things like service animals. When did it become okay, even encouraged, to be a beggar? I don't begrudge people asking for some help when they've suffered an unforeseen catastrophe, but I'm perpetually astonished at people's willingness to hit others up for cash.