or Connect

Posts by MrG

So was the Rogue master brewer who gave beard yeast for their Beard Beer some sort of SJW trailblazer?
#I'mprettysureyoudon'tknowwhatsarcasmmeans
ALL DUDES WHO LIKE TO DRESS WELL LIKE COCK, WHICH MAKES THEM LESS MANLY, AND I AM THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO DROP THIS HILARIOUS BIT OF HOMOPHOBIC OBSERVATIONAL HUMOR ON SF.LOLOLOLOLOL
No.I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but given the context, also no.And, just so that we're clear, those are both mod "noes"
But that's not actually how it happens. People seeking asylum already have their own queue; no one trying to come in via the traditional route gets bumped because of refugees.
BC, I disagree that we shouldn't account for the situation at home when we consider whether or not to admit an immigrant, but, more practically, your position seems to rest on the assumption that standard immigration and refugee immigration are somehow zero sum. That's not the case, and they're really two different pools of applicants. The shitshow that is US immigration policy (MrsG is an erstwhile furriner) is another question entirely, and I agree that it desperately...
The anti-refugee people are idiots, but that doesn't mean you counter their idiocy with idiocy of your own.
That one popped up in my feed recently, too. You should remind the person who posted if that they weren't fleeing anything; they were going to Bethlehem for a census. Also, they were returning to Joseph's ancestral home, not attempting to emigrate to some faraway land.
"THIS IS NOT WHAT I THOUGHT YOU MEANT WHEN YOU SAID IT WOULD BE A BACHELOR PARTY FULL OF CLAMS AND SNAPPER!"
In Farmer's insurance agent thread, mod deletes you!