or Connect

Posts by MrG

This sounds awesome. I'm hoping I didn't miss the you-pick season here. I got an early harvest from my jalapeño plants this year, so I was going to make some strawberry jalapeño jelly for the grownups and regular jelly for the kids, and it would be cool to use some really fresh berries. I keep the garden with my son, and we make jelly together, so I know he'd love it if we used berries we picked.
I'm super excited about this. My general skepticism regarding supergroups is well documented, but I'm cautiously optimistic that Prophets of Rage could be the second supergroup to live up to its apparent potential.
I used to buy them on the side of the road, but now I make my own. I was just thinking earlier that I should make some soon. I'm planning to make some put-ups this weekend, so I'll be in the kitchen a good bit; maybe I'll do some boiled peanuts while I'm in there!It is a little odd that we don't have an "All Things Southern" thread.
That's pretty much my take on the whole thing, Mouse. Kids are impulsive and unpredictable, even the good ones. I don't know any parent who doesn't have a story or two like the guy who wrote that. With regard to the kid at the zoo, I have no idea how he got down there, but I do know that, taken on its own, the fact that the kid may have momentarily gotten away from his mother says basically nothing about whether or not she is a fit parent.
I'm not sure all the noobs are worthy of the honor, but for you, Piob, I'm happy to help. rjakapeanut http://www.styleforum.net/t/200010/are-college-athletics-good-or-bad If my math is correct, Mr. Nut should be a top-of-his-class Ivy League JD setting the legal world on fire by now, right?
So, will they get the death penalty? Penn State was ostensibly close, and the Baylor case seems to have an extensive institutional involvement element that mostly wasn't there with PSU.
No, it's "unsweet," because it's "sweet" tea, not "sweetened" tea.
I had a mild cold last week, and with it came a little bit of fluid I could hear sloshing around in my ear. The cold is now long gone, but my ear hasn't completely cleared up. For some reason, earlier this evening my ear got all pressure-filled and muffled, and my tinnitus started screaming. It's better than it was a little while ago, but it's still really irritating. I wish my stupid ear would just pop and be done with it already.
It's definitely "sweet tea" here in Georgia, and it has been my entire life. My father's generation also calls it sweet tea, and they're all born-and-raised-in-the-country Georgians (for reference, my dad's about 10 years younger than you).That said, I suspect "tea" and "sweet tea" were probably more interchangeable, or synonymous, back in the day than they might be now, especially in the more urban parts of our fair Dixie. I'd guess you'd be much more likely to hear...
I've got a conference downtown, so I'm giving the commuter bus a try today. Two open seats left, one in each row. Black dude sitting in front of me on the aisle, me doing the same, both hoping the chubby white lady doesn't decide she wants the open seat next to us. Why are old white ladies so racist!?