or Connect

Posts by MrG

As to the "why buy" question, I don't view it as an investment at all. I know it technically is, but, aside from doing my best to buy a place I'm confident will hold/increase its value, it was an immaterial consideration when I decided to buy. I like the ability to customize and do whatever I want with the house, and that was a consideration, but for me it came down to three things: Control, location, and a sense of permanence. I figured this all out as a result of...
Similar situation here. Bought in 2010, at what I thought was the bottom of the market, but it turned out that the area I bought in still had a bit more to fall. We didn't lose much value, especially because that area didn't see the enormous drops the rest of the country saw, but it was enough that we're just now recovering the value because the area has also been slow to recover. We moved out after just over three years for a job change (so a bit less than three years...
I'm a little behind on the thread (I guess I have to remember to pay attention to it again since I'm a homeowner again!), but thanks for the thoughts. What you're describing seems to match pretty well with the other reading I've done on it, and it's reassuring to hear firsthand that someone else had this issue and it wasn't a huge deal. I think I'm going to keep an eye on it to see how it changes with the seasons and go from there. One thing I will say is that it seems to...
It really is, and yet it somehow remains popular among people I feel should share my contempt. I sincerely don't get it. I've even thought about trying to watch it again just to see if it's as bad as I remember, but ain't nobody got time for that.Um. Dr. Lee. Duh!
Don't bother with a Cuban sandwich in south Florida. They don't know what they're doing down there.
The build-up was cool conceptually, but they could have gotten to the same point with a much tighter episode. There was no reason it had to take as long as it did. I mean, my wife fell asleep at some point after the 60-minute mark and woke up just before the Negan scene, and there was no need for me to even pause to catch her up. Everything she missed had already happened multiple times before she fell asleep. So, yeah, decent idea, poor execution.
I finally got around to watching it last night. The episode was way too long (when did TV/movie producers all decide long runtime = quality?), but I actually really enjoyed the Negan scene. Characters like that remind me that I'm watching a zombie show based on a comic, and he was fun to watch. I also thought the way they dragged out the psychological pain was clever, and the first-person beating was awesome (though I admit the blood was a little silly). That all said,...
So I should do this so I can be at best, what, the Penultimate Dude?I ain't no fucking beta, bro.
I like kale, but I'm certain none of you pinko Whole Foods types have any idea how to prepare it properly (hint: if you didn't instantly think "ham hock," you're already wrong).
I've been going to weddings frequently for almost 15 years, and it seems like the crapping on the guests has gotten worse as time has gone on.Early on, it was all Saturday afternoon weddings in traditional settings, but now it's destination, Sunday, etc. I'm not entirely certain why it's worse, but it has been.I still assert that the most inconsiderate wedding I've ever attended was in Athens, GA during a home football game.I hate to break it to you, but this is only...