or Connect

Posts by MrG

These are indeed next-level Jesusy.My grandmother, a good Southern Baptist, died three years ago June, and her eulogy was given by her minister. He talked for probably 20 minutes, and I'm pretty sure 15 of it was preaching. It was seriously like being at a Sunday service.
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense in context. Does that mean everyone in the building has to live at whatever temperature the boiler operator picks? I'm used to that at work, but I'm thinking more of residential buildings. Do apartments not have individual t-stats?
Is this really a thing? What is the intent of such fascism?
Nah, water doesn't come out when you open it because there's not that much water in there in the first place. Part of the efficiency is the fact that it doesn't fill the drum with water like a top loader does. When you pause the load, it takes a moment for the door to unlock, and, by the time that happens, what little water is in there has settled to the bottom.They're gentler on clothes because they tumble, rather than oscillate and twist your clothes up like a top loader...
You can definitely open them mid cycle. I can't recall how it worked with the first one we owned, but the one we have now has a pause button designed for just that feature. As for why, they're much more efficient, for one. They use a lot less water and detergent than top-load washers. However, more importantly to the SF crowd is that they're dramatically gentler on clothes. We've had two front-load washers over the last 7.5 years, and my clothes seriously do not wear...
Hey, guys, have you ever wondered why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!1!!
That's good to hear. I'm excited about the slubby denim. I liked the crisp, clean look of the other pair, but I think I'll prefer the character of the slub. The return/exchange policy is definitely reassuring, but here's hoping I won't have to take advantage of it!
Thanks, guys!I went back and forth on it for a while, but I ultimately decided on the slim straight slubby "Kibata." I managed to track down some detailed measurements on Big John, and they seem to be pretty generously cut, so I'm not too worried about the slim vs. regular (that would seem to be confirmed by the fact that you had to size down a bit in the regular, Roma). I'm also pretty excited about the heavier weight.I went with straight because the size I ordered wasn't...
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of the Big John jeans, and I can't for the life of me figure out what size/style I want. This will be my first foray into premium denim, so I want to get it right. How slim are the "slim" jeans? I'm a skinny guy, but I actually have pretty big thighs and butt for how lean I am overall. I don't want to go with the regular fit and be swimming in them, but I don't want to go with the slim and have them be too tight. If it helps,...
I have a friend who used to live in Decatur, and there was a foreign-car shop she really loved. I don't know if that's far enough N/NE for you, but I can try to ask her if you think the location is good.