or Connect

Posts by MrG

I wouldn't lie to you, E.
+1 to traveling, GF. Do it.She wasn't even barely mediocre. The joke I made above is verbatim what I found her doing at one point. She had to do an analysis of a budget, and I walked into her cube to find her with a paper budget report (which could have been exported to Excel) and calculator in hand. She was going through the report and keying in the values one at a time. When she came to a point where she needed, say, a total, she'd punch it all into her calculator and...
You can lead a woman who claimed advanced Excel skills on her resume to her computer, but you can't make her understand that printing raw data, hand keying it into a spreadsheet, and using a calculator to do the math (the results of which you also hand key into the spreadsheet) is doin' it wrong.
I was thinking about the promoted ex coworker thing, and I realized I'd probably bitched about her at some point when I still worked there. I searched, and found this from nearly four years ago: [[SPOILER]]
It's so infuriating. Certainly doesn't do much for the notion of merit.Even at the new job, she'll be pretty deep in the weeds. This won't be a CEO-type thing where she can delegate. It's a small team where she'll be very active.Even if it was a fit/job type thing, she hadn't been in the new position for nearly long enough to prove herself talented after how terrible she was at the old job. A few years down the line, and maybe she's shown that she's able to thrive in a...
I just found out that someone I worked with a couple of jobs ago was promoted to a major leadership role in the organization. It pisses me off because she was literally the most inept person I've ever worked with. She started a year after me and was very nearly fired after her probationary period, which is unheard of (they wound up doubling it to give her another chance). She was so bad at her job that we had to reshuffle responsibilities because she couldn't handle the...
That really, really sucks, GF. I hate it for you. I hope you find something new (and better) fast.
I like root beer fine, but I'm not a huge fan or anything. However, I had some local Kentucky root beer in the gift shop at the Buffalo Trace distillery this weekend that was next-level good. My friend, who is a huge fan of all things Kentucky, insisted my wife and I try it after we said we were thirsty while waiting for the tour. I didn't realize root beer could be super delicious, but there you go. Also, I'm writing this post while enjoying a tasty Ale-8 I brought back...
I just finished it, and, yeah, that was fantastic.
@UnFacconable, to answer your thumb question, there are a bunch of credits with kids that you get regardless of whether you itemize, but, no, I don't itemize. This is mostly because we don't own our primary home. We moved a bit in the last few years, and we're renting until we're sure this is it for a long while. Oddly enough, we do get some tax benefits from a home we own, but that's in the form on on-paper losses on our rental property.I do not think this means what you...