or Connect

Posts by MrG

We do our best to blend in when we travel, but I don't think you'll ever get us to start spitting on the floor. Some of your practices we just don't feel comfortable mimicking.
Good point. If I get shitfaced I won't care what they want to eat.WTF? Is this witchcraft?
Yeah, we've never had those types of issues. This group is pretty good about going with the flow. It just so happens that someone had a bad idea for this trip, and I'm extra annoyed by it (at least partially because I saw the hassle coming and didn't nip it in the bud).
Yeah, well, this would be the second-most-exciting thing if it hadn't turned out your mother was overstating her abilities. This trip might cost me more than five bucks and a malt liquor, but at least I won't have to shell out for antibiotics afterward.
We've done similar trips, both with most of these people and with other friends, and it has been great. It's usually a situation where we all stay at one place, and everyone can just come and go as they please. The issue here is that someone got the bright idea to try and plan the meals. It's just completely unreasonable to think you can coordinate that many people's tastes and schedules, and trying to do so is stressing me out. I mean, I don't even meal plan on a trip...
You kidless people are so quaint with your evenings full of free time. Between the normal family routine and packing Thursday night, there's just no way I'll have time to cook anything as time-consuming as a pork butt.MrsG first suggested hot dogs and cookout-type sides (corn and the like). I'm not anti hot dog in general, but it just seems like such a lame dinner. At this point, however, I might just give in and go that route.Also, why do I need ketchup in this...
This would work for the meat (collards wouldn't keep like that) if I had time, but we leave right after work Friday.
In terms of volume vs. cost, that really isn't a terrible idea. Problem is, I don't really want to spend half of the only full day I'll have up there cooking.This is exactly right. I'm going, "so I'm going to spend a bunch of money to make dinner for all of you, but one couple is providing nothing, while another is only contributing a $15 breakfast casserole? Oh, and I probably won't end up eating any of it anyway? Hell no."We're all grown adults, and there's a grocery...
A friend offered up their family's mountain house for a group of us to visit this weekend. Very generous, and I was looking forward to the trip. Then someone suggested each couple (four couples, five kids) take care of some of the meals. Hello clusterfuck. We don't even know which couples will be around for which meals. We know we won't be there for at least a few, and might only be there for one. Another couple has volunteered to make exactly one, relatively small item....