or Connect

Posts by MrG

You could actually do exactly what razl said if you live in a place that bills on a scale where your per-gallon cost goes up as your consumption increases. All it would take is huge consumption and an enormous jump in price over a certain threshold. Now, whether or not a place exists that charges in a manner that could cause the change he describes, I don't know, but it's not "impossible."
Just ordered myself a waterproof point-and-shoot camera from Amazon. I've wanted one forever but always found something else to buy. I unexpectedly came into a bit of money yesterday, so I spent part of it on the camera before I had I chance to think of something else. Very stoked to see what all it can do, and it will be nice to not have to worry about breaking my phone/camera when I take pics on an outdoor excursion.
Who the hell wears a shirt in the summer? June 21 is like seersucker day for going shirtless!Seriously, though, it's an issue, but for me not until it's a lot hotter than 80ish. The added wind from no doors or top helps, but it's something I have to account for. I can't really drive the Jeep that way when I need to look presentable.When I was a kid, I remember having to borrow my mom's car for anything nice.
I don't mind the heat. I drive my Jeep doorless and topless in the dog days of Georgia summers. My first two cars didn't have AC, and I lived in Florida. I'll gladly engage in outdoor activities despite heat (I was actually at the hottest Braves home game ever played a couple years back). I will not, however, forgo enjoying the fruits of not-so-modern technology and my paycheck by sitting around the house sweating my balls off. There's nothing wrong with being comfortable.
"No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than central air." When I was a kid in Florida, there was a period of time where we basically didn't have AC. We had an AC unit, but it worked so poorly that I don't even think we turned it on. We kept all the windows open, and at night I used to press myself up against the wall in bed because it felt cool. Now that I'm older and not poor, the only thing that keeps me from making our house an icebox is my wife's tendency...
Good stuff, 38.I also remember liking that one. It's even possible I own it on DVD.Also, the soundtrack featured one of the last couple decades' most underrated bands: The Fun Lovin' Criminals.
Thanks, guys!Solid fathering you're doing there!
What did they do with the red doors?
I think that might be a part of it. They've probably seen a lot of BS and realize it's in their interest to marry into a little bit of gratefulness.No. Not at all. I know you're kidding, but I want to be clear that this isn't what I'm saying.Plus, all these guys are doing is stealing from my playbook. I was smart enough to out kick my coverage in my mid 20s.
Gib's assessment is pretty much my guess, too, but it doesn't explain why the women don't go for better dudes who are a little older. If the tendency is for guys to marry down in age, shouldn't a hot 30ish woman still be able to land a nice looking 35-40-year-old guy in the same way a 20-something woman gets the 30-year-old guy? Men are generally regarded as getting more attractive with age (to a point), so the pickings ostensibly aren't that skim. Do the women really...