or Connect

Posts by MrG

Are you currently in HS, Kira?
That seriously sucks, JG. Shouldn't a windshield replacement be a lot less than $500? We had to do one on MrsG's car a few years back, and I don't think it was even half that.
Incorrect. I did '12. In fact, much of my OP in this thread was copied from that one. I waited to see if you'd start one. You didn't, and kickoff is two weeks away. There's always next year!
Agreed on the new thread. It's nice to have one for each season, so I went ahead and took care of that. http://www.styleforum.net/t/410453/official-2014-college-football-season-thread/0_100
A new season deserves a new thread, so I'll get things going the right way. Please take a moment to vote in the poll. GO DAWGS!!! SIC 'EM WOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF
Plus, she's named after a type of grass (I'm assuming she's too old to be named after the Bottle Rockets album).
ITT: We all learn that GF has been to exactly one "fancy" restaurant in his life.
I don't get why Dr. Larry expects anything but stupidity out of the comments sections of online articles.
Couldn't it just be that we're in a transition phase? I'm nowhere near an expert on media, but it seems to me that the newspaper/journalism industry is where the record industry was 10-12 years ago. It didn't anticipate the changes the digital world would bring very well, so it's looking pretty outdated and tenuous right now, but now it will be forced to innovate to survive. Short-term it's going to get ugly, but these are more the pains of evolution than death throes.
Go stand on a subway platform for a minute. You'll warm right up.