Posts by MrG

Thank you for this. Nothing can compensate for what I went through last night, but damned if you haven't provided some excellent salve for the wound.
I don't recall posting an argument at all, so I'm not sure how you've measured its quantity of shit. I'm not really all that interested in arguing about it. And, anyhow, as H said above, if you don't understand why it's incredibly suspect that, upon deciding as a grown man that you like sports, you decided to become a fan of a team at the peak of one of the greatest dynasties in sports history, there's really not much to be said. I guess you either get why this behavior...
This is good stuff, Doc. Cheers to both of you on the reconciliation.
Wait. GF has been a Patriots fan for a year?
You heard, "deflated balls," and thought, "hell yeah! That's the team for me," didn't you?
I'm one of those sports guys who typically can't stand fairweather fans, but, despite the fact that it's driven in large part by such fans, I have to admit that the local excitement over the Falcons' upcoming appearance in the Super Bowl is pretty cool. People are really into it - Falcons stuff everywhere, people randomly saying "Rise Up" to each other when they see Falcons gear, etc. It's really a lot of fun. I just hope they win!
I was a huge KoRn fan, and I discovered them pretty early, like '95 when they were nobodies. It was good music for scaring the other kids when I was in high school. They put a new one out late last year, and it's supposed to be a return to their old form. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but I was impressed by what I have heard. Also, speaking of 90s metal, we bought tickets yesterday to see Sevendust do a homecoming show for the 20th anniversary of their first...
I was a fan of the LB back in the day. I still think "$3 Bill Y'all" was an excellent representation of numetal before the genre got bloated and ridiculous, but I admit that in retrospect I don't exactly feel proud of having liked them. I look back on them like I imagine 80s kids look back on Winger. That said, Wed Borland was one hell of a guitarist, and it's too bad he wasn't in a band that could really take advantage of his skills.
Making me happy: Yesterday was my last day at my old job, and I don't think I've ever had a more gracious send-off. They got the whole department together earlier in the week to say goodbye, and both my boss and department director said some kind words about me to the group. Also, pretty much everyone I worked with in any capacity stopped by my office at some point during the week to say goodbye, tell me they're going to miss me, and thank/compliment me for all the work I...
AIC is where it's at. There is no grunge band that even comes close to them for me.Also, you're probably going to laugh at this (if you even know who it is), but the single most underrated record of the 90s was Ugly Kid Joe's "Menace to Sobriety." They got lost in the 90s transition from metal to grunge/post-grunge, and having their first big hit basically be a novelty song didn't help, but that record is a masterpiece of funk metal. It's easily in my top five records of...