or Connect

Posts by MrG

What is the "cause" of the violence? Cause implies that an action made something happen. Nothing the victim does makes the abuser get violent. It may make them angry, but the decision to get violent is entirely on the abuser. Also, you can't pretend that "cause" is completely separate from things like "deserve/justify/excuse," given they all at least partially shift responsibility for the violence from the abuser to the victim.
The controversy is outrageous, but physical abuse is always the abuser's fault. Yes, being provocative can escalate the situation, it's a shitty thing to do, and it elicits legitimate anger. However, it still doesn't justify or excuse violence. Yell back, argue, get pissed, leave, or do whatever else you need to do, but no level of bitchy attitude makes it okay to get violent.
The woman who runs my kids' daycare gave us a bunch of peaches from her trees. They are phenomenal, and I'm awash in them. For dessert tonight, I sliced a few; threw them in a skillet with some butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and spiced rum; flambéed them; and served them warm over vanilla ice cream. I'm impressed. Perhaps I've underestimated Mr. Simpson's inter-regional appeal.I'm not familiar with her, but I'll have to give her stuff a listen. I am a little disappointed...
Sturgill Simpson is a newish country singer. More specifically, he's the most legit country singer to come out in a long, long time. Probably at least a decade.It makes sense that you wouldn't have heard of him. He'll never make it onto the radio, so even most fans of country music will never know who he is.I hope you know how sad and angry this should make you.
The only way I even crack the top five is if we only count members who are currently actively posting.Speaking of country music and you being uber white, I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed when you revealed yourself to be a Sturgill Simpson fan. I would never, in a million years, have guessed you'd be one of the people who commented positively when I made that Facebook post.
I have a meeting this afternoon with someone who is such a PITA that my boss offered to stop by my office two hours in and "remind" me that I have another appointment. He also gave me a bunch of information to help with my prep and joked that he felt the need to help me out because I'm "taking one for the team" by meeting with this person.
Would definitely not hit.
There's actually a bit of a back story to that pic that takes some of the ickyness out of it. The girl in the picture shared a love of history with her now-dead father, and the Holocaust was the last topic they covered before his death. The Auschwitz selfie was taken on the one-year anniversary of his death, and it was meant to be a sort of tribute to him. The picture is still sort of uncomfortable on its own, but I think the context is pretty critical. Maybe still not in...
There are three on my list. One, maybe two, I'm hoping to get this year, and they'll both be like yours, Piob, where they can be covered when I so desire. I know what I want, but I need to talk to an artist to hammer out the details. The third might be a little farther down the line, and I'm a little less decided on what I want.
Because you want one?