or Connect

Posts by MrG

It's Guns N Roses day! I know I'm supposed to be all cynical and amused by fat Axl and the reunion, but I just can't help but be anything but super stoked. GnR has been a favorite band of mine since I was a kid, and this is the first time they've toured as anything remotely resembling the "real" lineup since I was old enough to start going to concerts. I legitimately never thought this day would come. Also, some friends are passing through tomorrow on vacation, and...
I did the best to lighten the moment with a tip of my glass and a, "hey, I could say the same thing to you."Also, the bride was very pregnant at the time, if that makes the story any more amusing.I knew it was going to be tough (and that I wouldn't kill the toast), but I didn't even consider not doing it. I just tried to view it as supporting my friend, because this thing was happening with or without me.For what it's worth, before he took the plunge, he came to me looking...
FWIW, we have wood in the kitchen (hehe) to match the other floors, and I hate it. I've been told I don't really have an alternative because of my house's floor plan, but I will definitely be exploring every other possible option when we ultimately redo the floors.
That isn't the first time I've seen that trope. Are you guys getting this one in other parts of the country? I'm not exactly the pearl-clutching family values sort, and I think political ads are pretty uniformly stupid, but I have to admit it's pretty well played on Clinton's part.
Well, for a legitimately well-made Cubano, you have to slide some salami between the buns before you press it, so...
I'm confused. Are you talking about the picture you posted or a well-made Cubano?
I'm pretty much in agreement with Piob. The new house came with the floor done, and when we first looked at the house I thought it was a nice touch (the whole house was repainted and such before it went on the market). However, now that we've been in it for a bit, I don't love it. We're definitely having all of the problems Piob listed, and it's not holding up especially well even in spots where we don't park.
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I'll have to be more diligent about watering and see if that helps. It certainly stands to reason it's a water issue. The way the spot is situated, the afternoon sun may well dry it out even in non-drought conditions.I thought about that, but he was pretty specific about it being sand (or at least sand-like). Granular fertilizer is somewhat similar, but it would take an enormous amount to confuse it with a layer of sand. Taking into account...
That one's actually pretty good.
Probably this guy: