or Connect

Posts by MrG

I'm sorry to hear it, Inde. I hope you make it in time to say goodbye, and peace to you and your family.
As a cis male who identifies as a lover of the color pink, I'm appalled by the appropriative nature of the term "pink tax."
You saw the same thing in Florida. Everyone wants to be the last one through the door before it closes.
I agree with both of you, but, in my experience, we're very much in the minority.
Pretty much, yeah.The weird part is how it has revealed how high everyone likes to place their TVs now. This space is about four feet tall, maybe a bit more, which makes sense given we used to put our huge TVs on some sort of stand, bringing it to eye level when sitting.My plan was actually to have the cabinet expanded to accommodate a wider TV, and I'd sold MrsG on the idea until the guy I had check it out talked her into the notion that it was "too low." This was despite...
MrsG is often amused by my ability to blame all of the world's ills on Boomers and/or Millennials. So, in my defense, it's not just the young people I hate.
I was taught that when you do something like this, you give a friendly wave, and it's all good. You screwed up, someone pointed it out, and you acknowledged it, and nobody was worse for the wear.That's not what the special snowflake under-30s you initially referenced were taught, so having their stupidity pointed out is an affront to which they respond defensively.
We actually have a really cool little cut-out in the corner living room that was designed for a TV, and it would be no big deal to design a nice door that would make it completely inconspicuous when closed. It's a really clever design, actually. Unfortunately, the house is about a decade older than mass adoption of thin, widescreen TVs, so the cabinet is about 18" deeper and 6" narrower than it needs to be.
I like laugh at people who get all wound up in situations where they're either overreacting or in the wrong, and I make sure they see it. I like to give the really irate ones a little shudder (like Kevin Pollack in the "fucko" scene in The Usual Suspects) to let them know how intimidated I am by their badassery.I'm probably going to end up murdered by some overcompensating redneck in a 1987 F-250, but it has been fun while it lasted.This is the correct answer.
I don't usually celebrate the arrival of more carpetbaggers to our fair Dixie, but I'll make an exception in your case, BC. Congrats!