or Connect

Posts by MrG

Let's talk about insurance. I think it's time for me to shop around. I've been a loyal USAA member for years, but they're starting to price me out. I just found out my homeowner's policy will be going up by about 16% without so much as sniffing a claim, and the fire policy on our rental has increased, as well (10% 2015-2016 and significant increases prior). At this point, I pretty much have to look around. So, any of you guys especially love your insurance company? I'm...
You sound like you're pretty salty over this.
Not so much making me happy as making me laugh: My best friend and I have a mutual friend on Facebook who can be quite irritating. She's a drama queen, and she uses purported concern for others as a way to gain attention for herself. There are no discreet shows of concern or affection for people she knows; only grand, public proclamations that let everyone know how much she cares. She also has a creepy, stalker-like tendency to constantly be the first person to comment on...
Absolutely. Also, it's a bit of a chicken-egg question, but I definitely think there's a relationship between this "best ever" rhetoric and the current bitterness in our politics. If you sincerely buy that your guy is the best ever, you're probably not going to be particularly open to the possibility that the opposition is able to present any viable alternatives to your positions.
I typically do the "split the check by what you ordered" thing, mostly for the reasons Piob listed (namely, that even in larger groups, my friends tend to be coupled off). Oddly enough, the last time I remember splitting evenly was when I met up with an SFer a few years ago. I seem to recall our respective tabs being pretty similar no matter how you sliced it, but I do recall thinking he was overpaying a bit if either of us was (he was the one who suggested it).
A Facebook friend posted the other day that Obama is the greatest president ever.My opinion is about like Gib's, so I'm pretty ambivalent on Obama's tenure, but I can't imagine the level of delusion one has to operate under to think Obama even comes close to GOAT status.
I don't think there's ever been any question about that.
Thanks, my e-bros. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to avoid the stomach bug, and it was a lot worse for me than my daughter, but I'm on the mend. I finally got upright about an hour ago.I'm just going to assume 2017 is getting all the hassles out of the way early, and the rest of the year will be a breeze!
Friday: - Your health insurance cost is going to go up about 600% at the new job (since largely fixed after half a day of worrying by planning how we'll distribute the family between MrsG's plan and mine). - Someone in your family is going to jail! - Call uncle who is more like a father to talk about family member headed to the pokey and find out uncle's in the hospital in respiratory distress with declining renal function. - Older child comes home with a 101-plus-degree...
Thanks, bro!