or Connect

Posts by Lone Wolf

Quote: Originally Posted by streetminimal Does anyone have that quote that Don says about a man near the end? When a man walks into a room he brings his whole life with him. He has a million reasons for being anywhere. Just ask him. If you listen, he'll tell you how he got there. How he forgot where he was going, and then he woke up. If you listen, he'll tell you about the time he thought he was an angel, or dreamt of being perfect. And...
'twas my birthday on Saturday and as a result I not only didn't work out but pigged a bit over the course of the weekend, to wit: 2 each, well-loaded bagels with cream cheese, lox, tomatoes, and onions for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Half a bottle of champagne's worth of mimosas w/breakfast on Saturday Dinner out Saturday night: half a bottle of wine, salad w/creamy horse radish dressing, rack of lamb w/veggies, half a "tollhouse pie" (warm chocolate chip...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Go without her. You don't have to do it every week... If you can't spend a day apart every once in a while then y'all gonna have issues. Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson +1. The shameful part about his post isn't the purchase, it's the fact that he's considering NOT doing something he cares about just b/c his girlfriend isn't interested in it. Damn son. That is some whipped action I haven't seen since I...
Not shameful, but useless: I got heavy into scuba diving when I was dating a girl who was also into it. Spent a good amount of money getting mulitple certifications and bought a ton of gear, including a drysuit which, by the time it came in, we had broken up. The woman I've been seeing since then is not only afraid of the water (which theoretically might be able to be cured) but can't stand having her ears covered (thus no hoods or head submersion. I've tried...
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Damn, that's some crazy shit. Reminds me of when I was in the army and four guys tried to take me on to get my girl. I wound killing a few and they sent me to federal prison. Eventually me and some other inmates were put on a transport plane. Some other inmates hijacked it though, because they wanted to land it in the middle of the desert and escape. There was an undercover federal agent on board, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk 33 murders in one prison in two years, huh? Was he in prison in Mexico or Nigeria or something? Sounds like pure fiction to me. My first thought as well. When Oz was on HBO I used to think that any real-life warden who had as many murders as they did would likely lose his job pretty quickly. Seems like the Dept. of Corrections, or Federal Bureau of Prisons, or somebody would be keeping stats and stepping...
My powder room has a black-and-white color scheme: black toilet seat, white toilet, white vanity, black guest towels, black floor mat, white tile, black artwork, black soap dispenser. I've looked into but haven't pulled the trigger on black TP. It's relatively expensive so I wouldn't use it for everyday and I'm not sure that it's important enough to me to be changing it out every time I have company. It's would look pretty cool, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Monaco They were? I only remember her stealing $5 from him and thats pretty much all the interaction they had... I thought the entire series has been good so far but the awkward moments are soooooo cold, makes me just go WTF! I remember that he taught her to drive. Seems like there were a couple other of examples, e.g., eating ice cream together while he told her war stories. Regardless, when he died she was...
Quote: Originally Posted by fwiffo Season 3 spent close to three episodes on Betty's father...I really had no idea where that went or why that was so important. He and Don's daughter were very close and part of why she's having the problems she is now is due to his death. That arc also brought out some of the basis of Betty's dysfunctionality.
Grandfather's Bulova. My father, aunt, and uncle gave him and my grandmother watches for their 50th wedding anniversary. I've got it in rotation with my other watches. Monogrammed face towel and wash cloth that belonged to my grandmother. Never used. Ceramic mug that my great-grandfather used as a shaving mug. I use it when I have time for brush-and-soap shave. Pen that belonged to my great-grandfather's brother. He was a country doctor who got into a lot of...