or Connect

Posts by Lone Wolf

Mr. Burns: What do you think, Smithers? Smithers: I think women and seamen (semen) don't mix, Sir. Mr. Burns: Yes, we know what you think. Think it was one of the early Treehouse of Horrors.
I've been asked to sit in on a second interview with one of the leading candidates to run my department. Can you guys give me some good questions beyond the usual What Do You Bring To The Table, What's Your Management Style, and What Do You See As The Strengths/Weaknesses Of the Company/Department? I'm going to have an hour of face time, so I need to be locked and loaded. Thanks in advance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano ^^^How did you get that giant bar through that little door? Years ago I was managing a shopping mall in which we replaced some ficus trees. The new ones came in shipping containers and as they were uncrating them one of the maintenance guys asked me how they got them trees to grow in them boxes. I couldn't tell whether or not he was serious so I just said that they must have used some special...
Quote: Originally Posted by slack tide Man I wish I could workout in the morning. People that can get into the gym before work or school (assuming an early class) I have a lot of respect for. It comes with plenty of benefits like you've mentioned. I have to just drag ass up there around 6PM with the after work masses and stalk a bench press for 15 minutes before even being able to start my workout. As soon as I can shake these sleep issues keeping me up...
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlieAngel faggot harkens back to the times when homosexuals were burned alive. Put another faggot on the fire. I can see how that can be offensive, when put into context. Hence the adjective "flaming", as in flaming homosexual, flaming faggot, etc.
Few comments: Al Goldstein's still alive, although last I heard he was having a lot of financial difficulties. I have fond memories of Screw as I was living in Jersey when it was at its peak and the ads/guides to what NYC had to offer were invaluable to my depraved youth. Guccione came after Hefner. He took Playboy and replicated it page by page, only moreso, resulting in the "pubic wars" of the 70's and paving the way for Hustler. I forget which was the first to...
Guys, I hope that this doesn't sound like too much of a newb question since I've been enjoying cigars for 10-15 years, not as frequently as some of you but enough that I keep a fairly well stocked humidor. Has anyone ever tried the sample offers that you find in the back of men's magazines? These would be from the mail-order sellers that will send you one each of a variety of name brands at a low cost, say 6 for $10. Sometimes they throw in a travel humidor or...
I'm having a hard time getting invested in this show. At this point I'm watching more for the wardrobe, especially Nucky's, than because I care about the characters. That said, I've always like Steve Buscemi's work, and he continues to not disappoint.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc On an only slightly related note, Peggy's lesbian friend has had a role in a few episodes of Parenthood and she looks a little more doable Marginally related, the guy who played Duck Phillips is now on Desparate Housewives. My g/f (who is the DH fan - I'm usually reading or on the computer while it's on) tells me that he was somebody's husband before and now he's back. She says that Sterling was on there at...
I've joined roughly a dozen gyms over the years and I bet I've seen a woman with an obvious eating disorder in half of them, just during the times that I've been there (I've always worked out at about the same time). I can think of at least four in the last four gyms I've gone to. Came to that realization this morning when I saw the one in my current gym. I can't say that I see her every day, but generally she'll come in and hit the treadmill and then the machines...