or Connect

Posts by Lone Wolf

Quote: Originally Posted by tlmusic I was just in Cleveland at the R 'n R Hall of Fame. They had one of Dean Martin's Tuxedos from the 1980's. It was obviously beautifully made. It featured a NOTCH lapel and scarlet lining Dino wore a button down shirt with his dinner jacket in Ocean's 11 when he sang "Kick in the Head." Dino either didn't know The Rules or (my opinion) couldn't have cared less. I'm guessing he had dozens of tuxedoes...
I bought a very cool hand painted abstract from http://www.art.com/ last year. They have a pretty extensive selection of prints, posters, and repro's as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by BYucko I've only tried one thing, and that's Crest Whitestrips. Damn, do those suckers work. I heard bad things about the damage they do to the enamel, but my teeth are blingin'. Now I brush rigorously in order to try and keep that up. I use them twice a year and (other than some tooth sensitivity), get good results. I find that if I swish with a flouride rinse it helps the sensitivity. Denimbar, from what I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by visionology You have the option of going to a company and having it rented out. They typically do all the dirty work like screening for you. We've rented some homes on Lake Winnipiesaukee before from some single divorced lady who never got to use it as her summer home. We went to the agency, they screened us and provided us with instructions and we lived in it like a normal home for 2 weeks. I rented a condo in...
I've got this one in my living room: http://www.momastore.org/museum/moma...5_Y_giftideas_ I've always wanted a cuckoo clock, and my place is all contemporary and black and white so it goes perfectly.
I still do it when the weather's appropriate.
I only wear one at the gym, backwards, to keep the hair off my forehead while I'm sweating. I've never thought one way or the other about whether it bothers me to see other people wearing them, so I guess it doesn't. Actually, there's something cute about a female pony-tail poking out the back of one, so put me in the plus column.
As I understand it, they are considered underwear and thus should not be seen. That said, over the last 30 years or so I've accumulated a large collection of braces and I always wear a set when I'm in a suit, which is a minimum of 5 days a week. They always coordinate with the rest of my outfit and, especially considering how much some of them cost, I like showing them off. Beyond that, I would feel constricted wearing my jacket at my desk, in the car, or on a plane,...
Cuisinart 7-cup food processor. Got tired of mashing avocados and chick peas by hand when I wanted guac or hummus.
I have satellite with most of the channels that are available, an older big screen (looking to upgrade to a flat screen), and 5.1 surround sound. I watch a fair amount of television, but it's all Tivo'd - commercials are a waste of time. Also, I'm usually doing something else - reading a magazine, cleaning, folding clothes, surfing the Net, etc., unless there's something that I really want to see. I wouldn't want to get rid of it altogether, but I refuse to have the...