or Connect

Posts by Lone Wolf

I have a separate (from the rest of the bathroom) toilet room in the master bath. I've got a framed print of Picasso's Don Qixote on one wall and a framed print of a Matisse nude on the other wall (my tastes have changed to where I'm not going to put prints in common areas and I spent too much on the framing to toss them). There's a niche next to the linen cabinet where I have a standing 5 or 6 shelf rack of rolled bathtowels, handtowels, and washcoths arranged...
Looking for a solid black vested suit, 2 button jacket, 5 button vest, peak lapels. Those are the deal breakers. Ideally it would be 100% wool (or at least all natural blends) and wouldn't break my wallet. Under $500 would be nice. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Digmenow New crystal, yes or no? Leather band or metal? Since he would not approve of any precious metals, gold tone or gold/silver mix? If the crystal doesn't bother you, I'd leave it as is. Not that it's relevant since this is an heirloom that you probably won't ever sell, but restoring vintage watches by replacing the parts actually decreases the value. It's best to leave them as original as...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unregistered Why a top loader? From what I've read, front loaders have problems with mold building up in the door, have smaller capacity, and are generally more expensive and vibrate more than TL's. Also, I think I read something about they dry better in the spin cycle but the clothes are more prone to wrinkling as a result. Plus, the one I have is a TL so it's what I'm used to. As I said, I'm not looking to...
Must haves: Top loader Agitator driven Needs to be at least 3.2 cu. ft. load capacity. Bigger would be better. Stainless steel tub Budget is $400-$600 Don't need a lot of bells and whistles beyond temperature, water level/load size, and wash speed choices. I send my shirts out so mainly I'm washing socks, underwear, gym clothes, towels and (king size) sheets, etc. Priorities are reliability and performance. I'm seriously considering joining Consumer Reports...
Mine is black onyx, about 2' tall. Just a basic (elongated) triangle that I got in one of those tourist-trap shops in Mexico years ago. I think it was in Cancun. The tip has been broken off and Crazy Glue'd back on, but it was a clean break and isn't terribly obvious. I keep it on a corner of my coffee table where it goes well with the rest of my decor, which is basically angular, chrome, glass, and black and white.
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhoff +1 on AVS Forum. Pretty extensive thread explains each model of televisions. Here is one for your Samsung Plasma Samsung PNxxDxxxx Thanks. I'll check it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianVarick Calibrated like playing with the settings and stuff? In my opinion you aren't even watching high quality movies, so it would be a waste of money. If you were really into quality then maybe, but then you would probably be able to do it yourself. Quote: With a 64 inch tv, you should really invest in a DVD player or blue ray or something Why are you guys saying this - the majority...
New Samsung PN64D7000, HD, 3D, Plasma, 64 inches Room is 14'w x 24' l, ceiling is 10' high. TV is at the end of the room. 4 windows, 2 on the right wall as you face the TV, 1 almost directly parallel to it, but the blinds are always closed I don't watch sports or game. It's just TV and movies. I don't own movies, so I don't have a DVD player. Between Netflix, Hulu, and Pay Per View, I'm good. So professional calibration seems to be running $150 and up. Are...
I'm having a 3D HD plasma delivered at the end of the week and I don't want to upgrade my DVR until I get the TV. Since there's going to be some lag time, I'm wondering if I can connect my standard (non HD) DVR to the new TV without hurting anything, and if so, can I use the existing cables? I was going to ask the sales guy this but he was trying to upsell me big time and I had a feeling he'd have told me that it wouldn't work regardless (he was pretty annoyed when I...