or Connect

Posts by jiomitori

Haha, thanks. I tried to email Riri about this but the address on their website doesn't work. I'm going to try to get ahold of some polyester dye and give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.
Or... if the only thing I don't like about the hoodie is the white taping on the zipper, is this something I can just dye another color? Does anyone know how I might go about that without tearing up the garment? It's a black hoodie, so I'm guessing the dye job doesn't have to be incredibly accurate. Maybe spray a little of that on?
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I ended up going with another heavy weight YKK zipper (it was the right color, (tarnished brass on black), and was easier to get. There are retailers on the Riri website, and the list is not comprehensive. You just need to phone around to fabric stores. As for replacing a zipper, it's a pain, but the results are worth it. First, take a stitch ripper and take out the old zipper carefully. Then baste the new...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I don't actually own that particular hoodie (hey, I am on a buying moratorium and am poor), but Steven Alan has them last I checked. Also, there are good pictures on Rakuten Explorer, IIRC. The hoodie was new for S/S 2006. Hmm... I can't find it anywhere on Rakuten. I remember reading on superfuture that you were going to replace the zipper on a the cast hoodie with a riri zipper. I was really curious...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy If I have the correct hoodie in mind, the terrycloth is on the fleece side, and the jersey side is just that. The zips are all white (AFAIK) but the actual teeth are silver colored. Wow, what great luck! If you get a chance, would you mind taking a photo and sending it to me? Also, when did you get this hoodie? PS. I appreciate all your helpful posts on this message board, LA Guy.
Has anyone ever seen the Spruce black french terry zip-up hoodie? Is that the one with the white zipper, or does it have a regular metal zipper?
I'd really like to see a picture of one of the EG belts. I'm interested in buying one.
Oh boy, I really love the fit of the RB6, especially in the thigh. Can anyone recommend another similar jean for future reference? (I'll be wearing these for a while)
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy Steven Alan had a Black Spruce hoodie, but I guess that they sold out... bummer. You might want to check Nom de Guerre or Odin. Odin carries Rag & Bne as well, AFAIK. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, Nom de Guerre and Odin don't have what I'm looking for. Any other suggestions? GWAAAHH!!
Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe Are there any good online sources for Three Dots? The local shop that carried them went out of business. I'm wondering the same thing. I can't find them anywhere online (for men)!