or Connect

Posts by Minotaar

I'm using round, shaped wooden hangars; the type you find in a Westin or a Sheraton - I steal lots of hotel hangars. Most of my collars have fused interfacing. Specifically, I'm complaining about the folding that you see on the back part of the collar, and the flatness that you see on the front side of the collar. As in this hacked up diagram I've made here on a google images picture: Sorry it's so ghetto In an interfaced shirt you see less of it, and never...
Anyone else have this issue?
Call me a nitpicker, but I cannot stand it when my shirt collars, having lived on a hangar for a little while, become squished and develop a bend on either side. Like when you put a suit in a suitcase for too long - they can get that crease on either side of the collar from being squished flat. A half decent dry cleaner has a collar former that will return a collar to it's circular shape, but I wonder if anything like that exists for home use - How do you guys solve...
Bought one of their recent Loro Piana raincoats on clearance, and had the sleeves shortened. The strap that adjusts the diameter of the cuff was improperly moved by 1/8th inch on one of the sleeves. I sent it back. Was I being unreasonable? The staff questioned it at first but then went with it. I just hope not to get my coat back with a cowpie sewn into the lining..
Quote: Originally Posted by Martin Stall That blue job looks really weird. Pic of the back please? can you suggest a way to take a picture of the back while wearing the suit? I dont have an adequate mirror setup to do that easily..
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos The canvass will extend over the shoulder seam about 1/2" to the back. Your problem is more related to cutting and shoulder construction issues than canvass and hanger issues. I will say you have somewhat square shoulders that pitch forward and the jacket is not fitting on your shoulder properly. Do you feel pressure at the shoulder point? The jacket pressing against you at the end of the shoulder? No, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_sartorialist Peculiar. I have had fully lined suits, half-lined suits and fully unlined suits, and I have not encountered the issue you described above. May I ask what suit it is and what fabric it's made of? Maybe it's the shoulder pads that is moving / distorting the shape. The suit was made by Michael Andrews Bespoke. The fabric is a super 120s wool. I have broad but rather un-sloping shoulders, so they went...
Hi, I've been looking for the answer to this all over, and I can't seem to find it. It's either too trivial for some sites, or too esoteric for others.. Does the canvas of a full-canvas suit occupy only the front of the suit, or does it also cover the back of the suit? I have a suit that seems to be distorting slightly at the shoulders as it hangs on the hangar - despite the broad and very thick wooden hangar I bought for my beloved suit. The canvas of this suit is...
Hi, I have a barrel chested build with elbows that are distinctly wider than my shoulders, when I stand in a neutral position. I dont have a distinct narrowing at the waist. Also, my shoulders are rather flat and square, and not highly sloped. I love pagoda shouldered suits with roped sleeves, and I would love to have one made, but it is my understanding / impression that such a suit would be unflattering for my build for a number of reasons - e.g. those suits look...
thanks!