or Connect

Posts by gza

I like them too, but in a more limited range of fits/cuts than indigo jeans. They look a little bizarre and are more difficult to pull off when they're very loose or very tight, as well as when they have a pronounced bootcut or taper. 501's look good in white, but even better would be something with a little lower rise. It's too bad APC doesn't have a white New Standard; that would be a kick-ass pair of jeans. I also like some of the treated white denim from Helmut...
The margin on regular-line sneakers is ridiculous enough, given the cheap materials and labor costs, which makes the markup on designer versions just seem all the more mind-boggling. That said, rach2jlc's JS Pumas look quite nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by berlin report I've seen some cords with washes and distressing made to look like jeans. Some of them are not bad but there's really nothing like the look and feel of denim when it comes to ageing. It's true that cords won't age like denim, and the washes applied to make distressed cords can't approximate the sophistication of the better washes applied to jeans. Nevertheless, the relative rarity of distressed cords...
Couldn't possibly fit tailored clothing into this list, but here's my streetwear essentials: 1. loose-fitting dry/one-wash jeans 2. slim-fitting dry/one wash jeans 3. some sort of casual trouser - probably jean-cut cords, but moleskins or cargo pants (interesting ones, that is) would be great too 4. classic, non-ostentatious sneaker, either white or some earth tone 5. brown casual boot, probably a chelsea style 6. full-grain leather belt, preferably in chestnut,...
I have yet to see a product from that collaboration that strikes me as particularly attractive. In fact, from an appearance standpoint I rather prefer many of the non-designer Pumas. It's too bad, since Jil Sander has put out so many nice shoes for her main label.
Actually, I wasn't thinking of this particular outfit when I ordered - I ended up choosing Jester because I think the color scheme is one of the most versatile out of all of Jay's designs. I also want to make sure of the fit before I order more, but I definitely plan on picking up Rising Sun, Star, and Crucifix at the very least.
Definitely baggy jeans are more "democratic" in that more people can look good in them. They also have the advantage of pairing well with both fitted and looser tops. The skinny jean-loose top combination is tricky and tends to make the wearer look like a chicken (fat body supported by skinny legs). Mainly because of that added versatility, my go-to jeans are baggy. Of course, quite a few people here wear only fitted clothes all the time, so that would explain why slim...
Thanks for the props and the points, guys. I agree a contrasting-color shirt is better than a matching one in this case - while the outfit was supposed to be military-influenced, it's still not supposed to be literally a uniform. I'm lacking in having a variety of basic tees right now, but I plan to move towards wearing more unprinted shirts. In fact, I've been wearing some of my printed ones inside out for that purpose. When I want something more interesting I'll pick...
Depends on the maker. I usually wear a large for clothing from brands/designers known for fitted cuts (e.g. AA or Costume National), and a medium for others (e.g. Polo). I would have expected Yoko D to fall into the former category. Sizing down may have improved the fit, but the armhole placement would still be off.
I'm a size 40 chest, and I recall being disappointed with the fit of this blazer in size large. It was not remarkably slim, but what really annoyed me was how low the armholes were set. That sort of cut may be appropriate and expected for a Canali suit, but it's incongruous with streetwear IMHO. I agree with LA Guy about the very solid construction, though. I now have a fleeze blazer from Surface 2 Air, which is put together more cheaply but fits better, at least...