or Connect

Posts by mfadam

Robert Redd is having a 24 hour flash sale. Good deal if you are 10D and want alden tassel loafers: http://www.robertredd.com/All-Accessories/Alden-Black-Leather-Tassle.asp The stock is spotty, but there are a few other shoes and lots of shirts, which is their focus.
there are still some shirts from SAIT group around if you dig through the racks and don't forget to check the shelves with shirts still in plastic wrap. Often there are more on those shelves. Definitely try the shirts on as they run skinny and I find that size 40 has a pretty wide variety of cuts. Often times they're too narrow across the shoulders and tight across the chest for me. That said, they're a huge value at 30 if you they fit. Maybe we'll luck out and there...
The mastai/saitt group shirts are pretty picked over at the majority of the Daffys. Maybe they'll put more out, but big drop in available inventory last week versus today... Still a lot of those David Chu jackets which are a good deal if you can size right...
Soho shirt selection was pitiful, I think a Mastai afficionado must have cleaned it out. They did have a good assortment of DC blazers. Also had a fair amount of nice Gazzarani and Jey Coleman outerwear. One really nice Gazzarani leather jacket in 38.
both Times Sq and W 57th had some DC around, though I wasn't paying too much attention to sizes. Elizabeth location had a strong assortment as of Tuesday... Definitely size down on these...
it's just 10% most stuff. A bit picked over, but still a reasonable amount of David Chu jackets around.
Daffys is closing which means there will be way less Incotex available at good prices here on B&S. I've got 4 khakis left and 1 pair of navy in cotton. PM with any questions...
Gatsby has it right. If you dig there are some incredible finds at prices you'll never get on yoox, gilt, etc. Daffy's also has a great kids' selection. Same thing, little known Italian brands that you can buy for pennies on the dollar if you know what you are looking for. I'm going to pick up a lot of kids stuff before they close as you just can't find the quality/price mix anywhere else. Basically I'm ruined for shopping post Daffys....
Daffys has a ton of great shirts/other items that generally don't wind up on B&S. For the local shoppers who know what's what, Daffys will be a big loss. B&S regulars better get used to a lot less incotex and what is around will be more expensive. I'm still hoping that maybe a buyer will come in, but that time may have already come and gone. I do feel badly for their employees as they had a lot of nice people. Sorry, yoox and gilt just don't come close to Daffys imho...
I don't understand how this happened. If you read this Crains piece from almost 2 years ago, they talk about the company's low debt situation. http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20101128/SUB/311289971 How do they go from little leverage to enough leverage to put them under in less than 2 years? As far as I can see the only expansion was that 44th Street Times Square store? Maybe others know more about their financials but it doesn't sound like they are a debt bloated...