or Connect

Posts by ThinkandDrive

Whacked. Here Here. I'll go Chelski only because my father-in-law follows ManU and I know he'll want to brag about the match. Knocking off early tomorrow to hang at the ESPN Zone and watch it with my other Arsenal fan friend and a Liverpool supporter.
Quote: Originally Posted by velvel87 Oh, well I guess its something with Brooks shirts that the fabric tears... Yeah. But maybe it's just their non-iron cotton. I'm trying to think back on all of the shirts I've had of theirs. I think most which have failed were the non-iron cotton. Which, to be honest, were my FAVORITE Brooks Brother's shirts. Something about the fabric just felt nice. But now I know I can get about three months wear...
Quote: Originally Posted by velvel87 Hey ThinkanDrive, I had the same problem as you with my brooks shirts. I dont know if this is the case for you, but for me, I tore mine because I am an Orthodox Jew and put phylacteries on my left on every morning. I then used to role my sleeve down over them and the box of the phylacteries would rub against and pull on the shirt. So if you also wear phylacteries, that might be the reason. velvel,...
I'll also say that when I want something that screams classic American, I'll look to Brooks. However, I would offer my own experience in that their lower-end shirts just don't stand up like I would have hoped. I have, in the span of six months, taken SEVEN Brooks Brother shirts back because the left elbows blew out. Now, I can't say whether I'm extremely rough on them (8 hours a day sitting at a desk) or perhaps being left-handed, I put undue strain on the fabric. I...
Not the most stylish photo of me. At an Arsenal FC American Supporter's Club dinner on Capitol Hill this past Feb. My velvet pinstripe dinner jacket, team color tie. And, of course, the most important bauble of all. . . . The FA Cup! I've lost about ten pounds since then.
For driving, I'm stuck on The Donnas lately. It brings me back to my high school days. I've also been playing the hell out of Daft Punk Alive 2007. Especially turned up to full volume while I sit in highway traffic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol Good lord those are BEAUTIFUL. Would love to see what lense tints are available. Yeah. Aren't they? I went in looking for some other style that has a really slim arrow appointment on the temples. But I totally lucked out and the place was holding their annual trunk sale. There was a BVLGARI, Tiffany, Persol distributor right there in house! He saw me looking at the Persols in the display case and...
I just placed an order for some Persol 2788v frames in tortoise with Transitions lenses. I figure if I have to wear glasses, I'll get something with an iconic look that works for both specs and sunglasses. Don't have them yet, but here's two promo shots of them. I liked that the arrow detail on the temples is so huge. Apparently, this is a reissue of one of their more vintage styles, slightly updated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Potato There's always this http://www.wurkinstiffs.com/. Though I'd imagine the magnets might fall at times. You can probably just use small needle pins to pin down your collar. I almost never leave home without my Würkin Stiffs in. Also, I've never had the magnets fail unless someone pulled on my collar. Then, the magnet just slips down into my shirt, which is tucked in. I pull the other magnet off and...