or Connect

Posts by Cantabrigian

When did Voxsartoria start selling thrifted suits as bespoke? Inquiring minds want to know.
Voxsartoria is the worst tailor ever.He shouldn't even be allowed to call himself a Sartoria.I'd burn that suit then send it back.
For me, the allure of Solito is the cut. They also did a great job on the fit.In a perfect world, you could get an impeccably made suit in any cut you like at an affordable price. But sadly, you have to make choices.I love the (old man version of) the Solito cut. And the price is awfully good.Workmanship not so much. But a reasonable bespokester, could still use Solito.
Just the thought of you ordering a bunch of different collars stresses me out. I think this all worked out for the best .
Sounds like pretty hard work. Probably best not to put yourself through that ordeal.
You're missing out.
Alumo is great. And oxfords are awfully durable so it's not as if you're purchasing fabric all that often.That said, there are a lot of great really really cheap oxford cloths. I haven't tried the CEGO or Mercer but whatever Luxire uses is as beefy as you like and cheap as chips.In the scheme of things, Acorn oxfords aren't all that cheap and are probably the worst I've seen for bespoke shirts.I've come around to the Acorn basic poplins and twills (all I've tried). ...
Ain't no rule against liking what you like but there's no way Acorn oxford feel more substantial than, for instance, Alumo. The Acorns are definitely thinner and a lot more prone to wrinkles. Really just not as good of a cloth and you can feel the difference pretty easily.
Acorn oxfords suck TBH.
Really like that book.Have gotten two pairs of trousers in the whipcord and am even considering doing a suit in it.